Accounts Dropping Without Warning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cazmac, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Cazmac Augur

On October 2, 2023, I had logged all three of my accounts: 1 Lifetime, 1 Annual Subscription, 1 F2P.. I did not note which ones, but two of them dropped out with no warning at all. I relogged and it did not happen again until the next day. I have a suspicion it was my Lifetime and my F2P that fell out of being online. As this was the second time, I sent a Petition and was advised by GM Spoom to type "/loadskin default 1" after logging on, then to log right out, reboot EQ and use the Validate Assets function. This kept the logouts at bay until October 7, when the same two (I think - I must be more careful at keeping notes!) accounts dropped out. I did the logout and the Validate Assets thing again, without the /loadskin. and to date all is peaceful. We shall see.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No you cannot "like" your own bug reports. When posters click the like its supposed to represent that they also have the same issue, or something close to it.

Sounds like you have something affecting those two character files.
    Cazmac likes this.
  3. Grothlamarath New Member

I'm having the same issue. I have 3 accounts (all subscription / 1 dating kunark era / 2 less then 1yr) and it's happened to all 3 of them. Two will just randomly drop - however, the logged in character is still in game and will stay there. I waited 20 minuets after the last drop and both logged characters stayed in game and when I logged the accounts back in everything was as if I never closed the client. My view in 3rd person, being grouped, illusion - everything. It was very rare prior to 10/20/2023 - client would crash. However, since the last patch its very often.

- Was logged into game when servers came down for patch
    - When my monitor goes into power saving mode (every time)
    - When I have chrome open and go to "secure" websites (login type - including here)
    - Play in window mode
    Cazmac likes this.
  4. Cazmac Augur

Thanks for responding. Since I posted the above reports, I have had all three of my accounts (Lifetime, Annual Paid and F2P) booted to desktop at the same time - last night between 2200 and 2230 London time. Just minutes before, I had my two All Access accounts drop out again, leaving my F2P running.

I don't know if it's relevant but FV, where I was playing, had a kind of hissy fit on the 20th, which affected everyone, so I do not know where the problem lies. I am in email correspondence with a GM about this and had hoped it was fixed. He advised me to enter /loadskin default 1, then log right out of EQ, log back in and go for Validate Assets, which I did. I am no techie so just do as I'm told!
  5. Evoona New Member

All three of my accounts started logging out on their own after I made my fist bug report. This was on the 28th and I've been hearing about it from others. I used the advanced tool and did a file check with getting files are up to date message. The reply i got back from Support is UNEXCEPTABLE. Being told I need to go in and delete files that could or maybe not be the problem is not a good answer. I had no problems at all before the bug report.
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. Cazmac Augur

Again, I am experiencing my alts on FV crashing to desktop, especially when I enter the Guild Lobby. Today has been particularly bad for this; I sent a petition and was advised to back up certain of my files and replace them. I felt this was a bit of a "switch it off and on again" response so decided to wait and see if it got sorted. This would happen just around the 25th Anniversary, wouldn't it? I hope they get it fixed pronto!
  7. Conq Augur

I've had all accounts crash to desktop when I recently plugged in my USB to my wireless headset. No warning, just all EQ instances gone. Someone in game told me it may be a windows thing?
    Conq
    Cazmac likes this.
  8. Aanuvane Augur

I wonder if that's related to a different issue that's been reported elsewhere on the bug forum - if I unplug my USB headset without changing the sound source to speakers first - I'll crash my top instance of EQ. However I've never experienced it from just plugging in my USB headset.

I've been experiencing the issue of a logged in account just vanishing without any error message and it's not happening when I'm changing sound sources or monitors. It's in the course of regular alt tabbing, but if I'm recollecting correctly, it's only happening to me in the GL.
    Cazmac likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I had something like that the other day, tho it may not be the same. I was on my mage alt and I wanted to parse my pet for about 20 minutes. So I went to LI and had him start attacking a golem, merc healing. I was just there to parse him so I wanted the golem to last a long time so I wasnt attacking at all. Being bored waiting, I tabbed out to browse something. When I tabbed back the client had crashed to desktop. Ive tabbed between clients thousands of times and never had a crash so I figured it was a one off. Started over and it happened again. After the third time crashing I took a hint and just left the client up while parsing. IDK, maybe afk watchdog? I know technically you arent supposed to fight while afk, but its not like I was going to kill it. I just planned to parse for a while then let it go then parse again on the very same mob.
    Cazmac likes this.
  10. Cazmac Augur

I am experiencing this character disappearance yet again and, yet again, in the GL when I zone in there and, once in there, unless I leave enough time to use the Go Home command at char select, stuck there. I too have been instructed to delete a whole heap of files but that has not helped. I did think that it felt like a "Switch it off and then switch it on again" response. This is on FV; I can't say I have had this on AB, for years my "home" server, yet I get told every time that I must have a "corrupted" file which is causing the trouble, hence the deletions.
  11. Cazmac Augur

For as long as I am losing access to the Guild Lobby, I am also missing out on MGBs, the Magus and access to the free GH; All my alts, except my F2P, have Anchors for the Neighbourhood GH but I find the free GH more convenient for tradeskilling. (Actually, I have not located the TS equipment in the big one yet!) All my alts are bound in the GL, so there's that as well to deal with. I wish they would not simply wash their hands of this "feature" by telling us, in effect, it's our own fault for having a "corrupted file".
  12. Cazmac Augur

Well, there you are - while I was typing my lament yesterday, it seems that the GL is now accessible to me again. I say "seems" because, when I logged off the two alts from Blackfeather Roost, my F2P alt, which had been sitting in the GL, had vanished! Then of course Facebook came out in sympathy! :D
  13. Cazmac Augur

I am getting booted to desktop again. This time, both the GL and PoK are unavailable to my alts, so that is disastrous for play and will stop my alts from doing the Dailies. In addition, my new alts will be barred from the Drunkard's Stein quest, as Brasse takes up residence in PoK for the Anniversary. Someone on Facebook suggested deleting the PoK files and repatching; it would help if I knew their names. When it was just the GL that was out of bounds, I thought I could make a new F2P alt and test the waters by sending that one into the GL; if it went LD, I'd use Go Back Home as a bypass for my others. Now, I need another alt to keep in CR and feed into PoK like a canary in the mine!