Map Label changes don't save after changing personas in the same zone.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pimpmobile, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Pimpmobile Journeyman

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Fri Mar 01 18:41:16 2024

Character: Level 65 Rogue (Main)
    Zone: The Greater Faydark

Description: Changing personas after adding a label to a map causes the label not to save. It resets the map locations every time you change and you're in the same zone. I added about 10 different locations for the 10 new collection event in Greater Faydark, changed personas to buff newbies, then changed back and they were completely wiped out.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Click Save Map at the bottom?
  3. Gialana Augur

I also was going to ask if you used the Save Map button before switching Personas, but in my testing, I've found some unexpected behavior. I updated an existing label, added a new label, and removed a label. Even though I didn't hit the Save Map button, the map text file was modified and remained modified even after closing and re-opening the client. I was expecting the changes to be unsaved.

Edit: After reading CatPaws's post below, I wanted to update my post to say I did these tests with maps in a sub-folder of the maps directory, so not the Default maps.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Make sure you aren't using the default map, it has had issues of not saving the labels. Always use your Goods or Brewells or which ever you have other than default.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  5. Pimpmobile Journeyman

Map type doesn't matter, they're just text files with locations written in them. It's the same function regardless.

And I've never had to manually save map files before. The option is there, but it should be saving them automatically like it does when you camp out.
  6. Pimpmobile Journeyman

This is a bug report forum, not a "looking for advice" forum. This is a potential bug, so I'm reporting it. If it's working as intended, devs will note it as such.
  7. Febb Augur

You have to click Save or else it will not save your changes. If you camp out or zone without saving, your changes will simply not be there anymore.
  8. Gialana Augur

In my testing in PoK, this doesn't seem to be the case. Label changes, additions, and removals were immediately changed in the text file and saved. That seems like the bug to me, not what the OP is describing. But maybe it's intentional for the Save Map button to have no needed effect, which seems to be what the OP wants.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The default text files are rewritten every time you log in. It does save custom files automatically when you log out. Unless something changed recently players had to make the change/label/note etc and then click save.

But hey, good luck on your bug report. ;) A lot of us try to help out when we know a way to fix the issue or when we know its not an issue to begin with. Trying to save some folks the frustration. We used to pass out snickers bars for those who are hangry.