YoDarkpaw March Market

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ferledon, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Ferledon Agnarr Loyalist

Mask looks cool! Very awesome!
    But $40-$45 for a 46-slot bag is laughable! I'll just wait a few more months for the next TLP bundle, and pick up two new 40 slot bags for $35.....

Year of celebration, I'd think you'd want your customers to enjoy perks after 25 years. But I guess march is the month of Outrageous prices. Super inflated $1500 ticket prices, Digital perks at steeply escalating prices, and now a $40 bag? I'm not asking for it all to be free... but seriously, consider you'd sell many many more at a better price point. $25-30 a bag would definitely sell more. I'd prob buy 3 at that price. But for 1? No thank you
  2. Bobokin Augur

That's $40 for the bag if the account is All Access. If not, it's more.

All of this overpriced stuff, and Darkpaw wonders why revenue is falling and players are leaving.
    Barraind, Yinla and Andarriel like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or if, like me, folks have saved up their free Daybreak bucks, there isn't a direct cost at all. It can pay to be cheap. :)
  4. Grammaw New Member

Also, some of the merch is poorly done. The owlbear illusions are tiny, they barely come up to my knees. it looks more like an angry football.
    the new mounts are beautiful, until you actually move. They are glued to the contours of the terrain, so if you hit a left leaning slope, you and the mount are pitched right. so as you move you are violently shaken from side to side. Very hard to use, just wildly distracting.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fippy Fest's entertainment abounds. In-game and on the forums!
    KarmaKitty, Herf and Nennius like this.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

That's one thing I hate about a lot of mounts. All mounts should have a smooth ride, or I won't use them. It's a shame, some of the best looking mounts stayed bagged because of the shaking or the insanely sick inducing bouncing effects.

It's not a more realistic or immersion to have mounts bagged because you can't stand the visual effects.
    Silvena, Andarriel and Sprooce like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Geez, I already got so many bags theyre just taking up space in my bank!
    :confused:
    Toukan, Yinla, Tatanka and 2 others like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sounds like time for an intervention. :)
    minimind likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

It probably goes like this in their meetings.

It will cause P2W, big argument.
    If price it high it wont be P2W not many can afford then.
    Sounds good.

The people that P2W have big pockets, $40, $400 doesn't matter. They already win.
    It's just whales doing it now.

EQ is whaling its going after big shot P2W players.
    Not a P2W if you want too, small charge items. No no this is big charge items, big whales. Bigflex.

Those bags, P2W, simple don't matter if its $5 or $500 P2W is P2W

me bunch of toolboxes 10 slots
    another player P2W bunch of 40+ slot bags.
    Mind if I go to town to sell?
    No I will leave if you do, and this is good xp.
    Ok, no worries. My inventory is full, you win all items now.
    I sell my items get like 300plat
    Big whale sells their items 30k plat
    Poor stay poor richer get rich again
  10. Beardsy Elder

I'm the type to buy the "Pack" Bags, whether it's from the expansions or the quarm pack I buy a whole inventory full of em. Why? Cause it's P2ST - Pay 2 save time. I don't know what douches you group with, but I wouldn't care if you took 10+ min to go back and fourth to sell every couple of hours.

As far as this specific bag? It's supposed to be the 25th anniversary, it should be a free claim to every single character that logs on this month. I already bought that $250 VIP pack, now I need to pay more for another bag? Nah, I'm good. I like to spend money on this game here and there, but I'm also not rich.
    Bobokin likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats pretty impressive so your telling me you saved up for 8 months without using those free bucks to buy crates? but 45 for a bag is just stupid they miss the boat again this is suppose to be a anniversary. I like bags but geez. They would rather sell a few than sell alot i really wonder who is in charge of what price they charge.
    Defenestrated Vase likes this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Loyalty tokens?

Kinda feels like Chik Fila, I eat there quite a bit, I don't rack up much to get anything. 10 visits, now i get something, like a shake? cmon.
    Taco Bell, I'll eat there one time.
    Boom you got free stuff
    aight ill go back use the free stuff too
    Boom you got free stuff again
    aight this food isn't good for me, gotta hold the urge of not being enticed by free stuff.
    Outta the blue another free item. More free items.
    Get outta here Taco Bell, quit enticing me. Gonna use an ignore feature on that

EQ could learn something.
    play now free heroes forge.
    whoa heroes free if i login, uh oh.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea no wonder eq is going downhill!
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

TBH, I haven't bought it yet. Did I mention that I am cheap?
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Bilderov Augur

So far, it feels like I've been invited to my own birthday party, and am expected to pay for my own presents.

Wasn't this celebration supposed to be for the players? So far, it's just becoming another little earner for DBG. Heck, you even have to buy the free items if you don't claim them within the month....
    KarmaKitty, Bobokin, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  16. error Augur

Definitely feels like price gouging. I'm not saying they can't profit off optional anniversary limited time items but... be a little humble. It's an item that priced specifically to milk whales.
    Bobokin likes this.
  17. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I don't mind supporting EQ to a point. I do my share of spending. But I do hate spending money on broken junk I won't use. I spent almost $300.00 for the new illusions and mounts. The illusions are fine, but someone said early the mounts look nice, but they have violent shaking effects. Tonight when I get home, I'll check it out for myself.

$300.00 for mounts I may never use isn't a very good business model. I may never buy a mount again.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

If you are refering to the monthly 500 db, those are not free. You prepaid for them.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not a direct cost for me. I pay to play and look at the 500db as incidental. I only rarely even look at it. If the 500db each month didn't exist I would still pay.
    Yinla and Dreamrider like this.
  20. Herf Augur

How do I get free stuff at Taco Bell?
    Bobokin likes this.