Today is the day!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 28, 2024.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'd love to see the prices be a little lower, yeah. But I'm glad they're offering it.

Happy Fippy Fest, everyone!

If I may be so bold, at $1499 a lifetime subscription would make it worth it to me!
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

3. Herf Augur

I would be shocked if they included actual meals.

However...

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/28/...pired-experience-glasgow-intl-scli/index.html
  4. Serephim Angel'Wings New Member

Can we upgrade from the $150 after the purchase. I'd like to just get the $250 pack
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

If one bought the $150 .. can they opt to buy the $250 and only pay the difference like when you buy the expansion sets? So pay $100 difference? Asking for a friend .
  6. Silvena *poke*

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Make this stuff tradable !! people will buy this up to sell in game for kr!
    DeadRagarr and Hobs like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lighting is aweful on the one on the right again. Really wish they would fix that.

They look nice but but worth the cash they are charging.
  10. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Yes.
  11. RGJmidgets New Member

It's really sad, honestly.

This is a community driven game, and a historic milestone and unprecedented longevity. Now met with an absurd price gouge for the few whales they can sucker into paying for their office party.

The "trust us, we can't price it any lower" is so insulting. It's bad PR all the way around, really.

I don't like to post about drama or Dev team take downs, but this is so disappointing.

There is no danger of me quitting or not playing, but if the in-game anniversary events don't make up for this and the last few months of content value deficit then I'm going to be very sad.

I would have thought the anniversary would be a time to give people more value not less. I understand the Dev team is shorter than it deserves to be, but NoS with undelivered features, LS being good but VERY light, anniversary tower appears rushed to me...It's not adding up to a good feeling.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

It might sound bad but, they should have ignored the requests of a "convention" style event. Twitch exists. We can basically do this essentially with full free marketing.

Get on twitch -> Stream -> Answer monitored questions from stream -> Maybe show off group doing a mission etc -> !Claim rewards random xp potions with mounts free -> Others purchase mount online.

Same thing in the end but way less clunky.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I was looking forward to this. I remember the Fan Faires of old (even with the name change I can't remember). Even though I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to the physical event for this (I moved to Canada several years ago), the pricing was a massive sticker shock for both the digital only and the in-person even moreso.

I shouldn't be so shocked on the digital only since it is completely inline with their CE/PE/F&F bundles and the price points on the "charity" bundles, too. But the in-person is quite a bit more than I would have ever imagined it would be.

The price of Fan Expos/Comic Cons/Pax have gone up over the years but $1500 USD for a few hours on one day?? For San Diego Comic Com (the biggest of all) the price for all 4 days (if you could get the tickets) was under $300 with no food/drink but a swag bag from various sponsors. For Emerald City Comic Con this year, the most expensive single person VIP ticket is under $400 and includes meet and greets with celebs, priority seating at panels, swag bag, discounts in their store, etc. but no food/drink. Yes, those are at big venues and they likely get discounts from the venues because of their ability to draw so many people (SD gets sold out months before the event, ECCC sells out their VIP ticket months before the event) so the hotel(s) and event site make money. The comic cons/PAX and other fan events also don't make money from the event tickets with the money made in the exhibitor/vendor room with a percent of the sales going to the event on top of a fee just to have a booth.

I do know that in the Fan Faires of old, SOE did not make money on the events and, for this event, there won't be an exhibitor/vendor room (at the Fan Faires there was only a very small vendor room) to offset some of the expenses, so all "costs" are being passed to those who buy tickets (venue, employee presence, MC, entertainment, etc.), but with, I am guessing, a significant amount of profit, too, to satisfy the shareholders who probably would have vetoed the event at all if it wasn't a profit making endeavor.

But, even if this Anniversary meet-up has 3 $50/plate meals for each attendee and multiple swag items of far far better quality than any ever offered at the SOE Fan Faires (i.e. not just a tee-shirt, a foam dragon on a stick, a pen that might light up a batman symbol, or a lightsaber bubble wand), I cannot see the value of it especially since that $1500 would be in addition to hotel, transportation, etc. Heck, even if I lived within driving range of the venue, the $1500 is an insane price. Even though I still would not have been able to go, I figured the in-person would have been $500-600 at the most with even that being rather on the high side for a 1/2 day of activities. Even Disneyland in California is less than $200 for a day pass.
  14. Yoda Journeyman

Well, I will buy x6 but I wish those were group exp pots.
  15. jeskola pheerie

That's $9,000.00
  16. Lejaun Augur

Pretty sure they mean the digital only bundles, not live.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  17. EagleTalon99 Elder

The live tickers ($1499) are limited.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

19. Tranced Lorekeeper

GenCon, one of if not the best gaming convention in the world, costs less than $150 for 4 days....
    10x that cost for 1.5 days? Cmon guys, be better.

If you really need money add rez tokens to the shop.
  20. Manafasto Augur

1500 is to much for a niche gaming convention.