T3 launch, the artisan and the druid raid (unkempt woods)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Anythingtowin, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Anythingtowin New Member

Hey guys,

For the upcoming race, make sure you send a few 6 boxers to pre-kill the waves of trash on this raid while the rest of your main raid force clears the other two events.

That way you can hand the dz over to the main raid and engage ogna immediately to save time and potentially increase your placing!

Gl all!
  2. Braxan New Member

I have been waiting for years to see if some guild would try to use this hack to try to 'win' the race ever since they started the current release process of single day tier releases. This is only possible now when the events do not require the previous event win to request. Could this year be that year since DBG made the raids way too easy that you need far fewer than 54 people to beat an event (or at least progress through the beginning portion of trash clear)? Will the winning guild next year need 108 (2 @54) raiders, or even 162 (3@54) raiders to kill all three events at once to be 'win' first place? Really now, how hard is it to do three events in a row sequentially to see who can do it fastest?

In any event, I look forward to the forum questing that will happen if the winning guild does not stream their win and then tries to deny using such a tactic. For myself, doing an event in the manner described by the OP would be like winning a marathon by switching places with a twin (happened in RL in 2015), or how about taking a subway between checkpoints like what happened in 1980 with the Boston Marathon (Do you really want to be a Rosie Ruiz ??!?!?).
  3. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah these boss fights are too easy.

The tough part is clearing trash.
    Boss itself, joke.

You have time to fix it, do something. Add stuff. Its T3, quit being a joke.

reddit
    "I remember raids were tough"
    what you like about EQ
    "raids were tough"

today, no tough raids.

Play other MMORPGs if you want tough raids. want easy raids play EQ.
    Not many people playing. 49/140.
    Past 4 expansions , easymode raids, still 49/140. Not that good. People playing MMORPGs over EQ. Not in top 10 not in top 20, not doing good. Not a big timer MMORPG.

not doing stuff people remember EQ by. Losing identity, and so on. Losing nostalgia.
    corpse runs.
    You don't that anymore
    hard raids
    You don't have that anymore
    20 guilds beat not T1 but T2 day 1.

It's like the game modernizes itself by taking away nostalgia instead of making smoother movement, follow, better UI, solo friendly(why theres no one LFG, thats why, just simple go in game lfg, no one LFG, why make more group content?), and so on.
  4. fransisco Augur

Guilds that race to beat all the raids first are missing out.
    They skip all the loot and focus on "being first" when no one will even remember who was first 3 days from then. Why not enjoy the content instead of racing to run out of content?
    Kegwell and Rijacki like this.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Because most guilds are from back when there was races. They still have that in them.

But like I said, EQ does good at taking away nostalgia, tough races, corpse runs, tough tough tough.
    to stay modern, but not work on movement, UI, etc, actual beneficial yet not take away nostalgia modernization.

Other games, casual stuff is easy, some 100 people fights is casual fights and they easy. Doesn't mean EQ has to go and make their 50 people stuff easy. The 100 people in that other game are casuals looking for easy. The people here are not casuals. The 50 people are looking for challenge, challenge them.

EQ they be looking stuff weird, different.
    I wonder the thought process in AP.
    I'm thinking they think AP, thats gonna bring a lot of low levels, newplayers will have people to play with. Nope, wrong.
    LFG is still 0, null, no one going LFG.
    Gonna be a lot of AP like lvl 75 going LFG. Nope. No one went LFG. completely wrong with that thinking. Told you long before AP, its not gonna help with LFG and returners.

dO shrouds and you'll see results.
    shroud you can be level 10 anytime. You can be level 125 anytime, if you got it to 125. Now you can go LFG anything any level. Not just level 125 looking for something, oh this is the level everyone boxes at, eh no point in going LFG no one is looking its long forgetten.

Only the returners check LFG and they see 0 and think "games not in good shape"
    LFG is nostalgia.
    0 people LFG is not nostalgia that means "games not in good shape"

One of my favorite things about TLP is checking LFG just like the good times.

Thing is returners newplayers they don't got access to TLP, so they on live server, getting the idea "games not in good shape" from 0 LFG and not the nostalgia they remember a bunch of LFG doing something fun. Returner takes that data and does the unfortunate thing.
  6. kookoo Augur

i don't know what server you are playing but it is surely not FV , everyday i can see 15 or more different players LFG ( any levels ) in FV.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is why we never raid on a Saturday and stick to our usual raid schedule. The race for us has never been worth changing raid days for.

We do beta, we assist the dev with whichever raid they choose for us to test. We also test the other raids and give feedback without a dev present and feedback any issues we find. We will rarely do live once beta is open mainly due to having everything we need from the current expansion and testing new raids with no known strat is more fun. :)
    NatazzEvoli and fransisco like this.
  8. FYAD Augur

winning the race is the content.
  9. FYAD Augur

How is it a hack?
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

10 guilds finish with in the first hour of release, please go be first. Split raid shenanigans are lame.

I said what I said.
  11. Duder Augur

How virtuous