Today is the day!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

No.

There are digital packages available. (follow the link in the first post of this thread to see them).
  2. Basak Augur

Cut it in half to $750 I will go. As it stands at it's current price of $1499 I have hesitations.

Digital goods are a bit oddly priced with no added content. It is paying for an expansion to get expansion goodies but without the expansion. $25, $50, $75, $100 I can see the tiers sitting at without expansion content. If you are adding new zones and such for people that buy the digital and only for those people that buy the digital and not give it out with future expansion purchases then I can accept the prices as they are $50, $100, $150, $250.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  3. Runes Augur

Why is anyone surprised at this outrageously high price? you shouldn't. Daybreak could have priced it down lower but that means more costs to manage a larger group of people, security, clean up, stocking food and drinks, higher insurance costs because they need to buy it based on attendees, more time to allot to Devs needing to see end users. They can get the same profit without all the extra costs if they weed out the larger community and make the price point intentionally out of the question.

If you have a few hundred come and collect the same amount of money as you would a thousand you would only do the latter if you really cared about being inclusive to your whole community as a company. I do not need to expand on the love Daybreak has for its general player base.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Blizzcon couldnt even get close to full attendance at a scaled-back size after 4 years of not having in-person events, while tickets were going on the secondary market for $150.

FF14's Fanfest had to have a second set of ticket sales for Vegas 2023, while tickets were going for $200.

This isnt even close to the scope of either of those. I'd expect someone in the company to be able to have some amount of critical thinking when it comes to what people are expecting to pay for an excuse to party with their online friends after half paying attention to whatever you're presenting for 6 hours.

Its not like there havent been EQ fanfests before. That members of the current EQ team were present at. Both in the early 2000's and 2010s.

Also, whoever decided that you should start selling tickets without announcing things like:

The Schedule. The Venue. "Open Bar". Needs to probably not have their job anymore.
    Hobs and Herf like this.
  5. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Yep got those i wanted, just was not sure if there was going to be extra goodies with the in person tickets (other than t shirts)
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

Well I like this line on the other page.
    Viewers will not require ticketed access
    Fanra likes this.
  7. E'ci - Knight Errant Lorekeeper

Sorry. That doesn't cut it.
    There are many, many millions of square feet available at hotel conference rooms around the country.
    If it was an honest pitch you would have the venue and menu available and persons could at least decide honestly.
    But hey, trust us... it will be worth it!

Yeah, we get it. When you are factoring in all sorts of costs (both digital and physical) it is clear that is a money grab.
    Instead of 'hey, let's get together and at least break even' its a 'how much can we make if we host an event?'.
    Then since large events can be real work... let's make it exclusive! Then 'well... let's keep the details secret so that they assume its worth more!".

At $100 a head you could have broke even and energized the community.
    However, that was CLEARLY, not the goal.
  8. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Along with the physical swag, all the digital items from the VIP Edition, food and beverages, live access to the panels, as well as other pre-livestream activities.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Buyers beware!

For the $150 Patron Edition.
    Visage of the Valkyrie.
    Is it intended for the illusion to have certain limitations?:
    No emotes only /sit and /faint.
    Doesn't show cleric epic shield what a complete letdown ( certain weapons too). Will this also not show bows?
    Wings don't flap when running.
    Will these issues be fixed? I don't know if I purchase the $150 for this illusion that it would show certain weapons I have or a Bow on my Ranger.
    This is important to know.

You only get 1.

Also, the mounts. What do we look like on the mount. $250 for the mount that looks cool, but what do we look like on it?

It is a bad investment to me without this knowledge.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  10. Lodestar The Undefeated

Biggest laugh of the week for me, thank you Hekaton needed some relief.

So there's still a chance Taylor Swift could actually be a VIP and in attendance.

Still a chance your ticket falls in line with swiftie nation market pricing.
  11. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Make the 1500 dollar event purchasable with Krono, and bleed some 100 krono stacks out of the game lol.
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Added into the article.

Spoiler Alert! You get the digital items for BOTH games, so be sure to check out EverQuest II's digi-loot HERE!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  13. Morrigan Bowjobs

How does one upgrade to the higher edition down the road if i chose this route? Say if i got the Patron Edition and later wanted the items from VIP?
  14. Herf Augur

Well the previous packs have given 3 containers and a handful of different potions. $50 seems like a significant price increase.
  15. Herf Augur

The way I read it is the in-game items ($50-250) are for NON in-person buyers, AND they are also included in the $1500 in-person tickets.
    Angeliana likes this.
  16. MageGuy MageGuy

Simply choose the one to which you want to upgrade. Can go from 50 to100 to150 to 250 at any point in time that they're still avail. And it won't allow you to buy an edition you already have. Hope this helps.

And to those barking at the1500.00 cost...would you be going if it was 500? 200? I doubt it. So are you just barking for those who ARE going?
    Angeliana likes this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

I 100% was going to go. I had Expedia pulled up on one browser while I waited for FippyFest to open on another. I know several others that were going to go as well until they saw the price and vague description.
  18. Fintank Augur

Is the website slightly wrong on data? More or less curious why EQ2 gets claims on illusions and mounts per character instead of 1 per account like we are getting. Especially when the items are completely the same thing (they just get Bristlebane instead of Brell).
    Szilent, Hobs, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

Is it really the lowest you could go? Unless something is missing that we don't know about, I don't see that as being true.

First, let's start off with the digital swag. First, this is not a real cost. It doesn't cost you $250 to give us the swag. The majority of us only play one game as well, so the $500 total for both games is mostly pointless. It doesn't cost you anything additional to give a limited amount of people the digital goods. It's the check of a button. But let's keep that cost in anyways.

Digital swag: $500

OK, food and beverages next. Let's say you cater lunch twice and dinner twice. I'll give a good price to that too. $50 for lunch ($100 total) and $125 for dinner ($250). Let's throw in some random drinks through the days as well, so $50 more. Total food and drink, not going cheap : $400

So we have Digital swag: $500 (real cost $0)
    Food & Drink: $400 (real cost likely less)

That leaves two things remaining. Physical swag and being live.
    So that is worth $600?

Meeting the crew and being part of the experience awesome, but its not actually really costing very much to do. So the actual cost to put on that is minimal. Is the swag bag physical really that great that it is worth so much?

Digital swag: $500 (real cost $0)
    Food & Drink: $400 (real cost likely less)
    Meeting crew: $300 (Costs that much to see mega-famous rock bands behind stage)
    Super physical swag: $300 (seems doubtful)

Let's do a comparison of other activities
    Roundtrip tickets to Hawaii : Can be sourced from Expedia for less than $700
    Disneyland tickets for 2 days is $310
    Gencon for 4 days is $143
    Blizzcon in 2023 had $299 tickets

Do you see where we are coming from? There is so much vagueness that it doesn't make a lot of sense to us. I have the income to be able to go for $1,500 but I'm not, because what all we get is so vague and what is shown doesn't seem to be close to being worth it.

And this is coming from someone who LOVES EQ. Someone who has played since EQ released. Someone who defends the game everytime there is a problem. Someone who was absolutely going to go if the cost was justified, or if it was cheap enough to counter the vagueness of what we would be getting.

Come on, guys. All anyone really wanted was a smaller version of Fan fest. It could have been done, and done without so much vagueness or expense.
    Nightmares and Barton-Vox like this.
  20. Cidran Augur

I'm sorry to say I'm also disappointed with the prices.

Even including the membership discount, with expansion collector's edition ($70) we get a mount, for 'Fippy Fest' you are looking at a minimum of $100 to get the mount.

Appreciate the digital approach to this event and I know it's a special occasion but I wish the prices would've been more in line with the previous standard.