New tlp please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yeroc, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

Since J Chan specifically said in an interview that they are bringing back the aspects of their most popular past servers I would say Mischief has a pretty good shot of coming back this year, in one form or another. Even the Mischief haters can't deny it was an extremely popular and successful server.

Mischief
    Classic Start, Standard timelines
    TLE
    Relaxed Truebox
    Maybe another spin, old or new, just to spice things up

There is your 2024 server. 95% chance.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is just one limitation, and as I mentioned before the load that additional servers puts on the shared resources. Spinning up more servers isn't always the solution to problems and it can actually cause more problems by impacting performance on shared servers.
  3. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I mean that's what load balancers and server clusters are for, are they not that sophisticated? This is just a guess, but I assume their limit to servers is based on maintenance and upkeep costs?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Load balancers don't matter when you have single databases acting as a backend for servers. When you are talking about a 25+ year old piece of software it won't always be able to take advantage of modern distributed software techniques.
  5. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

We could mirror a database over 30 years ago....Even SYBASE had replication services back in the EARLY 90's.
  6. AzzlannOG Elder

They are absolutely doing Mischief rules again. Best TLP of all time.
  7. AzzlannOG Elder

One of the servers at least should be non FTE. Half they player base doesn't like it.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Ddezul Augur

65% of stats are made up on the spot.
  9. Ravin Journeyman

It appears FTE is the new standard. I have read different opinions but cannot understand the supposed anger some proclaim about it.

Anyway, bring on the Mischief rules (+) server!
  10. Kahna Augur

I wouldn't hold your breath.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is one step too far from original EQ, some of my favourite memories are of derailing trains in places like KC.
  12. Arclyte Augur

the ability for people around here to just make stuff up with 100% confidence is funny to me
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All that matters is how they designed it based on how they thought the game would scale and it is unlikely that the extra servers would cover the extra costs from the work needed to support them.
  14. Azzlann Elder

I dont think that would increase the overall population of the game that much. Mostly just move people around faster.
  15. Basak Augur

Except for the freetrade, Mischief was an awesome server until it got to PoP then it went all poopy.