Can we double the price of subs and Krono?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Perhaps a PvP server. Stops. Slaps hand. Must ssstttoooppp.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Precisely.

This is like Gates and Buffet crying that taxes should be higher, but they never voluntarily just send the gov more money.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im already paying 2x so I can 2 box. Is that not enough?
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Well, many boxers only keep one toon subbed, which typically is a tank, so there is some potential for increasing the revenue by lowering the prices or adding a boxer friendly new sub model.
    Barraind likes this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I would like a krono that does 3 months when i use krono's for accounts i do 3 months at a time.
  6. Astley Augur

Don't worry... they're charging $1500 for tickets to FippyFest - They found a way to raise cash instead of increasing Krono/Sub prices.
    Barton-Vox, FYAD, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

I expect monthly / Krono prices to rise to match the digital offerings. :rolleyes:
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I 5 box, all are gold. I've never played FTP. While I can afford it, I do not want to pay double the amount on 5 accounts.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

For you the price could be increased by factor 5, so that you would be reduced to only one gold account. :D For DBG it would not matter.
  10. Marton Augur

$1500 is quite insane tbh.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yeah, double the price of subs, I'd drop half on my subs
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  12. EagleTalon99 Elder

I think most people just want to level up toons to level cap and max AA... then wonder why they have nothing to do. They think EQ ran out of content.

Yet, there are tons of stuff to do. Practically an endless buffet of quests, achievements and countless cool gear to earn or aquire.

Just look to older expansions.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need a Super Krono good for 1 year! :)
  14. Metanis Bad Company

I reject the premise as presented. We customers are not starving Darkpaw, their corporate masters are!

I cannot count how many good suggestions for revenue enhancement have been posted on these forums over the years. Yet the vast majority have been ignored.

Daybreak is like the panhandler on the street corner. Chances are extremely high that any funds you give it will be wasted on poor life choices.
  15. Iven the Lunatic

As most players do have a firm monthly budget, that would mean that many of those players with just one sub would go FTP.

The original poster is not realizing that limited content has nothing to do with the player payments and instead with profit maximization and shareholder capitalism. The whole reason for this and many other games is to make a few rich guys even more rich. The focus never was on the players and to provide them the best possible gaming experience. DBG could easily finance double as much devs if that would be wanted. However, good devs are a limited resource.

More successfull gaming companies do instead focus on the best gaming experience, which does spill in money nearly automatically. Since a long time EQ is driven by greed and stinginess. A new visionary CEO would be a good thing.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why would I want to pay more for a game where they break more than they fix each patch?

The way it is going, they should be paying us to play the game, the poor state it is in now.
  17. Bilderov Augur

Double? Pfft… I’m more than happy to pay triple what I currently pay on my FTP accounts!
    Iven, Metanis and Fanra like this.
  18. fransisco Augur

the only reason people would sub is if there are enough benefits. Lower price for boxes wouldn't matter. They are already not paying.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Following your logic, as you suggested double subscription and Krono prices, that would mean that the benefits should be also doubled, but you haven't mentioned that. You only mentioned bettering the game. Why should people pay more for a game that is seriously broken since nearly a year, and players not receiving additional benefits ? Just as Yinla mentioned, DBG should pay the players for testing their broken game, and giving feedback.
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur

It isn't really a lack of money. The money they get from EQ doesn't go back into EQ it goes to the company. The company looks at how much money they are making from different games and then decides how much of the total money they make goes to different games. Increasing that price probably would kill the game pretty fast. Alot of us only use krono and have 40+ of them so we wouldn't quit but the other who still pay directly each month likely would start quitting.

I still think like another post said more open source work would allot alot of us who play this game and are devs irl to help do some work maybe for some kind of reward where they name stuff after us or give us some free krono would be nice. Don't open up the entire code base but maybe some system so we can at least work on parts of it. Open source is known for stopping bugs pretty well if you have enough people who want to work on it.