Its that time of year again. IMO the next TLP should be...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Arclyte Augur

I like free trade, but there is an argument some have made that the sheer amount of tradable raid loot makes group content worthless

I can understand both sides
  2. Yarteb Elder

So that on Vaniki for example, your level 1 toon could walk out of the bazaar with 40,000 hp among other stats? Does that sound excessive?
  3. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

But in this case, you would still have limits imposed by the character. So your stats would say 40,000/20, meaning you still only had 20hp, even though you are buffed to 40,000. And str, dex etc would all be capped at 255 like they are now.
  4. Ythera Augur

It would be fun for the short period of time that your character would be lower level, because with those inflated stats, they'll quickly level up to max. This would be really good for returning players, because they could grab some cheap bazaar loot and start rolling.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I see no problem with that, it won't be the full stats it will be reduced by base caps and it won't happen for a couple years when low level content is uselss to everyone. Level 1's will still have skill caps and lack AAs. It will mean the char will take very few deaths if any until they hit higher levels, but they will still need to grind out levels if they want to do the current expansion end game content.
  6. Shalom Quillmane Bane

So am I crazy to say I want a NO TRADE / Heirloom / Random Loot / Extra Loot server?

This would totally kill RMT farmers but yet allow those that raid to get TONS of items for themselves and alts. The catch is you have to show up to a raid and EARN it.

Daybreak probably wont like this they want people buying krono though :(
    Ddezul likes this.
  7. Kahna Augur

By the time you can walk out of a bazaar on any server with 40k hp on a level 1 Mercs are out. The devs literally give players a basically invincible (at low levels) AI that will carry them through the first 60 some odd levels in a 24 hour time span even if they were naked. Like, it seriously takes longer to do the shopping to try and twink out a lowbie on a merc enabled server than it does to just level them up to the point where they can wear the gear with level limits.

Who cares if they have 40k hp, they are already ridiculously OP.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Ddezul Augur

I agree with this.
  9. Critt Augur

Just curious why you think it would kill RMT? People have been selling loot rights for 20+ years, in POP you see them spamming general selling loot from P1 Time, not to mention all the gdkp open raids... No TRADE doesn't stop RMT, nothing stops RMT, except when people don't spend real money on this junk.
  10. Ddezul Augur

It's a lot more convenient for the RMTers to toss it in the baz or put it on their bot in the tunnel.

I'd love a full no-trade/heirloom server.
  11. Slik New Member

if you dont want to play on another mischief, play on mischief.
  12. Basak Augur

That does not coincide with what I said. What are you trying to reply to?
  13. Arclyte Augur

if you kill your enemies, they win
  14. NImxat Elder

In that case, I'll just sit here by the river until....
  15. Appren Gnomercy

If it isnt free trade, why bother?
    Kahna likes this.
  16. Ddezul Augur

Appren likes this.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'm confused why people keep thinking oakwind was one of their most popular servers.

Yeah Mischief clone or similar with twists is most likely one, 2nd My bet is a Phinny clone, probably with the cancer fte added but none of oakwinds other improvements that make it palatable.

Prepped for a free trade fun server and a doa.
    Azzlann likes this.
  18. Kahna Augur

FTE will be on every TLP going forward. They are very happy with how it has worked to reduce CS tickets. Best get used to it.
  19. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'm not disputing they are happy with it, but I don't think it will be as successful going forward as they believe. Many of the more hardcore players who will use it to their advantage to grief and cause CS tickets avoided the server to send a message they don't want it. I have a feeling that's going to change going forward. Time will tell.
    Azzlann likes this.
  20. Arclyte Augur

You did it to yourselves. The "hardcore players" (read: manchildren) having tantrums and training on purpose was always a problem. People DPS racing because they can't behave like a normal adult etc. At least this way real players have a chance to get the FTE tag on a mob that some botter is "camping"