Its that time of year again. IMO the next TLP should be...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Feb 27, 2024.

1. MMOer Augur

An Agnarr POP Locked type server that when it meets up with Agnarr allows xfers over to.

This will be like a yearly progressing leveling / seasonal server that feeds into a main server.

A great place for people to play a fresh TLP but then land back on Agnarr for POP raids if they want.

Perfect for us who just want to run the the gambit again yet retain some longevity via pop lock instead of just dropping off and waiting for the next TLP.

Think of it like Diablo or PoE. Where your seasonal character eventually lands on the "standard" server. Each year triggers a new seasonal POP Locked TLP.
    Popknot likes this.
  2. username17 New Member

There's already a vague answer.

"We're planning on bringing back our most popular TLP Rulesets"

I played Agnarr for ~6 months and enjoyed it.
    I imagine they'll go Mischief again.
  3. Arclyte Augur

It's most likely going to be random loot with FTE

Only thing i'm curious about is if its going to have the 3x loot pinata and free trade mischief had. Some extra loot is fun but I think they went a little overboard sometimes
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm also thinking it is going to be Mischief. Interested to see if they put a twist on it or if it will be a direct copy.

It sounds like more than 1 server to me, so what other server they might do I'm not sure of. It could just be 2 Mischiefs with the same rule set or they could do 1 Relaxed Truebox and 1 without, 1 with FTE and 1 without or a completely different ruleset all together.

I'm hoping they release the info with the Anniversary info.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  5. Tuco Augur

• Free-trade
    • Semi-random loot, each rare has a 50% chance to drop their normal loot table or a random one
    • Spawn rate is doubled for many zones
    • AA and level increases will be delayed for 3 weeks after a new expansion is released
    • Recommended / required levels are dropped by 10 levels
    • Kunark release, but level capped to 40 for three weeks, then level capped to 50 for three weeks
    Tyranthraxus and Barton-Vox like this.
  6. Crabman Augur

@yinla - “Popular tlp rulesets” sounds like 2 servers to me. I guess if you think entire servers as rulesets then we get 2 clones, or popular rulesets merged into 1 tlp then it’s one. Either way mischief’s free trade and random has to be somewhere on the docket after a claim like that.

@tuco - I saw you recommend something similar to this some time ago with releasing content a bit before you increase the level cap to that era max and I think it’s an awesome idea. Gives you hard mode for a bit then allows you to slap content as we are used to.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Those LDON augs on the raids... We got to a point we had the master looter just start leaving them on the corpse as we killed stuff. Not the good type 8 augs, all the other random crap.
  8. Doezit Lorekeeper

Crabman may be on to something with the idea of two servers with different but popular rulesets. One Mischief with FT, the other extra loot with Oakwynd evolving. Lots of possibilities. Might be tough to choose.
  9. Zansobar Augur

If it has random loot it will have to have free trade loot. But yes I think it will be a Mischief clone with some Oakwynd rulesets added, FTE, possibly the legacy stuff, etc. I do hope they are able to redo the loot tables so you don't get the loot pinata that was Mischief and instead it is normal-ish amount but random and free trade.
  10. Doezit Lorekeeper

I have to admit I enjoyed the loot pinata on Mischief. Alts were easily equipped. The bazaar was full of low priced gear. I understand that not all liked it. The high supply meant lower prices for farmers and some were just turned off by the Monte Haul volume of loot. That said a lot of us completely enjoyed it.
  11. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

Since they say they are bringing back the most popular rulesets, that must be:
    • Free trade like Mischief
    • Random loot like Mischief
    • Heirloom loot like Oakwynd
  12. Ddezul Augur

Aradune boxing rules. Most popular server.
  13. Exercitus Draco New Member

Free trade means I would have to wait another year. I hope there will be a non free trade server.
    Ddezul likes this.
  14. Ddezul Augur

I agree.
    Why kill Mischief now? I read on this forum that it's the strongest TLP!
  15. Basak Augur

Launching a Mischief would not be a good thing. It is still going strong, I think it seems to be stronger than Oakwynd is at this point. I understand it is a popular ruleset but launching a copy right now yes would bring in a lot of people but could potentially bring Mischief down to a slog. If there is a Mischief like server it should be free-trade and not random or random and not free-trade but not both. That way you lower the probability of Mischief dropping down as much.
  16. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

It is admirable that people are so defensive of Mischief. But Mischief is a long way into its life span. Players must be level 90 or 100 by now. Mischief will still be there for people to play the later expansions. But for players who do not have a character, they can never reasonably expect to catch up now. Even if they do hit level 100, they will be 1000's of AAs out of the action.

Since it has been so popular, it makes sense to start another one for people who want to play the popular ruleset from the start.
    Critt and Shalom like this.
  17. Kahna Augur

I doubt a new Mischief server would do much to the Mischief population. They didn't make it this far to give up and start over. I think more folks playing there want to see it through. It may reduce the number of folks returning and trying to get caught up, but that was already going to be a thing.

It is getting to the point where getting caught up, even with easy gearing, is becoming a barrier. I just rerolled on the server last month. Wanted to mess with a persona. With some help from guildmates, but mostly me slogging through, I still haven't quiet made it to 90. (88 now) and I do have a good deal of AA's to get, but I get an AA every 2 kills while solo, so it's not like it takes forever, but it can be daunting.
  18. NImxat Elder

I agree with the gnome. Separately, I don't get why some are so anti Free Trade. With Mischief's loot abundance it was not really a windfall for the RMT crowd. Prices were down and supply competition from normal players was up.
  19. Shui Butai

Revamped Mischief 2.0 with a few other options.
  20. Ythera Augur

I'd like to see a server where the items don't have a recommended or required level. In fact, now that I think about it, just get rid of that for all the servers.