New tlp please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yeroc, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Yeroc New Member

I want a tlp that has classic through luclin unlocked with new class race combos. Mischief loot. Instead of unlocked expansions for the first three expansions have a raid unlock schedule. Also cap the level at 50 until the raid tiers require 60s. I just want something different than the regular unlock schedule and class combos.
    Montag likes this.
  2. Arclyte Augur

hello mark how are you doing this morning buddy
    jeskola likes this.
  3. Yeroc New Member

No mark here bud. I just got the eq itch haven’t been played steady since aradune and casually on mischief hoping the next tlp isn’t to far out there but enough to actually make things different.
  4. Critt Augur

One of the better ideas I've seen, I'd play on a server like this.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  5. Ddezul Augur

I hope they don't use Mischief rules again.

The actual Mischief server is still strong. Let them live a while longer before gutting it with this.
  6. Yeroc New Member

I could agree with that maybe something like oak wind would be cool to I like heirlooms it works well with personas
  7. Ddezul Augur

I feel like Heirloom allows folks to 'alt out' while still fighting the good fight against the worst thing in gaming today, RMT.
  8. Montag Augur

That's not bad.
  9. Kahna Augur

Meh, with persona's there isn't really any advantage to an heirloom server, (and why would they give away for free what they could charge you for.)

Heirloom takes away the biggest thing keeping Mischief alive, that it is easy for folks to come back after a break and get geared up/caught up. Without that aspect any new server will wither and die post PoP just like all the past non-Mischief servers have.
  10. Dirkman Journeyman

One thing daybreak as never learned or has forgotten is timing and when to release servers. They need to be doing two tlps a year one in March, one in September. They basically should strive to always have a tlp in the classic to pop era at all times. This would maximize play time from their player base.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would just cause the population on the servers to drop faster as players move from one TLP to the next. As they have a limit on the number of servers (as seen by delaying TLP launches until after server merges in the past) this isn't going to do them much good in the long run.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

DBG makes more money with a server that goes classic, kunark, velious, luclin, PoP & LoY, LDoN, GoD, OoW....ect

I think for the Anniversary they will hopefully come out with a solid rule set and I hope FTE or one FTE one non FTE to test the players taste on that issue.

In a future TL a OoW locked would rock, (gets to relaxed true box under current guidelines) and then allow future TLP a chance to transfer off to Agnarr or The OoW locked server at the appropriate expansion.

Then you have an annual TLP, it will continue to live and those who are not interested in Live EQ can drop off at PoP or OoW. And help keep the locked servers healthier. Truth is the people who would transfer off are not staying beyond OoW anyway....
  13. Ddezul Augur

Aradune and yelinak were both strong post PoP.
  14. Kahna Augur

Aradune and Yelinak aren't even in the same weight class as Mischief. HoT is almost a month old on Mischief and it is still "high" population in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. Free trade makes it easy to come back and get caught up, Aradune and Yeli don't have that, and their population has suffered because of it. They are literally perfect examples of what happens to a server when people can't get caught up easily and therefore have no motivation to come back after a break.
  15. Ddezul Augur

Aradune was completely packed all the way through TSS.
    Don't get so emotional about it.
  16. SnapVine Augur

There's no limit on the number of servers
  17. Kahna Augur

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? Or are we to just take your word for it. Because that isn't the way I remember Aradune and TSS.

As for my "emotions?" Projecting much?
  18. Ddezul Augur

I was there. It was glorious.

I hope they leave that dream server as is. Keep Mischief loot on Mischief . Since it's so skrong.

I feel like too much RMT would follow Mischief rules and that's the bane of any long term server imo.

Relaxed truebox
    start with GoD or TSS
    level lock for set amounts of time.
    FTE to combat the trains and bot armies.

Win.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why have they delayed launching a new TLP until after they have done server merges in the past? Everquest uses a shared database for various things and the number of servers connecting to it will have an impact on performance.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Limited only by what they are willing to pay to spin up more VMs