Bidils the Quickhand: emote mechanic messed up

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im getting punished for emote failure even when I do it right, and sometimes multiple times in a single round.

[Mon Feb 26 18:08:42 2024] Come close to me. Bow to me, xxxx. Clap for me, xxxx. Kneel before me, xxxx. Dance for me, xxxx. Raise your hands in praise of me, xxxx. Raise your hands in praise of me, xxxx. Raise your hands in praise of me, Svann. Bow to me, xxxx.
    [Mon Feb 26 18:08:48 2024] You look at Bristlebane the King of Thieves and raise your hand.
    You can see I did it correctly, but then:
    [Mon Feb 26 18:08:58 2024] Bristlebane punishes your failure to dance by making you mope.
    [Mon Feb 26 18:08:59 2024] Bristlebane punishes you for not bowing by scraping your skin.
    [Mon Feb 26 18:09:03 2024] Bristlebane punishes not raising your hand, making you dumb.
    Thats 3 failure punishments in a single round. What for?

Then later Im again punished for an emote he didnt ask for:
    [Mon Feb 26 18:13:14 2024] Come close to me. Bow to me, xxxx. Bow to me, xxxx. Kneel before me, xxxx. Clap for me, xxxx. Clap for me, Svann. Kneel before me, xxxx. Dance for me, xxxx. Clap for me, xxxx.
    [Mon Feb 26 18:13:22 2024] You clap happily for Bristlebane the King of Thieves - hurray!
    [Mon Feb 26 18:13:22 2024] Bristlebane punishes you for not bowing by scraping your skin.
  2. Knifen Augur

Looks like your triggers may be wrong, reversed or out of order. I have successfully done all the emotes, or lag is hitting where your getting a second emote without finishing first one?

You raised your hand on first emote instead of bowing, and for second emote clapped instead of bowing. Looks all wonkey, are you getting emoted 2x per round?

Every time I re read your logs it looks like its after you every call lol
  3. Windance Augur

Speaking of these emotes.

Can you make a hotkey to just do all the emotes instead of picking just the one you are called to do?

/bow
    /cheer
    /clap
    /dance
    /kneel
    /raise

I was thinking of trying that out next time we do the raid.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I searched log for all 6 emote call types and Im only getting the one per round and I am doing it. And the calls only happen once every 65-73 seconds so it cant be that much lag that I would get them out of order.

Almost. I got 4 calls out of 6 total.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That looks like your getting punished for others failures
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ahh yea thats possible. Then it should say who. The way its worded it looks like it thinks I failed it.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If you succeed you get:

[Thu Feb 15 20:21:35 2024] Come close to me. Kneel before me, xxx. Raise your hands in praise of me, xxx. Raise your hands in praise of me, xxx. Clap for me, xxx. Cheer my greatness, xxx. Kneel before me, xxx. Bow to me, Fanra. Dance for me, xxx.

[Thu Feb 15 20:21:41 2024] You bow before Bristlebane the King of Thieves.
    [Thu Feb 15 20:21:41 2024] Bristlebane the King of Thieves acknowledges your bow.

Did you not get him acknowledging your action?
  8. Knifen Augur

Id like to see the full emote call with all names left in.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I got 3 of the 4 acknowledged. Only didnt find acknowledgement for the raise, which is wrong because the log says I did it 10 seconds before the punishments got handed out.

[Mon Feb 26 18:11:06 2024] Bristlebane the King of Thieves acknowledges your bow.
    [Mon Feb 26 18:13:22 2024] Bristlebane the King of Thieves acknowledges your clap.
    [Mon Feb 26 18:14:33 2024] Bristlebane the King of Thieves acknowledges your cheer.
  10. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Are you close enough for him to recognize your emote? If you dont get the acknowledgement response as posted by Fanra, you did something wrong.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea Im in melee range close to him. I got acknowledgement 3 out of 4 times. What doesnt make sense is the first time, granted I didnt get acknowledgement but even so I shouldnt get punished 3 times for one questionable miss. Apparently it thought I was supposed to dance+bow+raise, all at once. And then after that I got acknowledgement for clap at 18:13:22, and then immediately got punished for not bowing!
  12. Kalamos Augur

Just a shot in the dark but do you have multiple emote lines on one social? I tried that early on when the raid dropped in hopes of saving social space, but I found it to not work as hoped. So I separated them into their own socials and haven't had any problems since.
  13. Factor New Member

How does this look

/auto attack off
    /target bristlebane
    /bow, /cheer, /clap
    /dance,/kneel, /raise

I don't have a space in between the comma and slash

Thanks, loputs
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

This might have been the issue. Ive since changed to 6 separate macros and it hasnt failed yet.
    edit: I still think its a bug that it told me it succeeded then punished me for failure.
  15. Wijimoto Journeyman

You will get the fail emote if you do the wrong action. You want six hotheys, and only click the one for the appropriate action.