Ghosting when zoning.....again.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gutterhand, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Gutterhand New Member

Back at it again. Upon zoning as the zone populates white outlines and ghost shadows appear. It takes 1 sec or 5 or more depending on the zone. Bums me out on my 3070ti. Can we get anything right?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Windance Augur

I think this is done by design.

To me, it feels like we are zoning faster, which means we see our characters actually loading the textures for the various objects.

One "solution" would be to have you stay at the loading screen for longer, hiding the graphics engine loading the textures.

On my machine "Mip mapping" makes the texture loading process take longer, so I go from having "most" of the textures loading in a couple seconds, to ~ 10s.

The more annoying part for me is when you move away from your spawn point, you come close enough to other objects which are not fully textured yet, triggering the game engine to again stutter.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its not just when you zone. Textures arent loading until needed. I can log in in pok and in front of me stuff is grey, then the textures load in a second or so. I can stand there a while, and then when I turn around there are more grey textures. They had plenty of time to load, but the game chooses not to load them till they come into view.
    Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are we really zoning faster? I mean if you zone and can't see anything for 5 minutes how is that faster than hanging when zoning for 2 minutes? Loading is loading, be it a freeze, a hitch or a grey.

Is the hitching and freezing really gone? Again if you can't see to move for 5 minutes now isn't that the same as a freeze or hitch that others were saying they were getting?

I did not have freezing, hitching etc when zoning or moving around before this so in what way was this an improvement?
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

Yes. I am zoning faster since the Feb 21 patch.

I have tweaked my memory.ini file to delay texture loads. I zone in fast and can move around even though textures continue to load.

No. Its still an issue.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Good for you! Am glad your game runs fine and that you know how to tweak your computer but since you are not experiencing this then your input does not help troubleshoot those who do have the issue and are not able to tweak. They need to hear from those players.

The question about is the hitching and freezing really gone was meant to be slightly facetious
  7. Windance Augur

I wouldn't say that the game is "running fine".

The stutter when mobs spawn makes raids like Myconid Mutiny are real, and make the raid unbeatable for us due to healer/tank lag.
  8. fransisco Augur

modern hardware and I had zero issues with dx11. Only this fix for the old hardware is causing problems