Fixed Raid event: Myconid Mutiny - Massive Lag

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Windance, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Windance Augur

Massive Lag on Myconid Mutiny again tonight. 1/22/2024

As soon as the event starts there are micro stutters every 6s or so and huge WTF level lag spikes once the main event happens.

We ran both LS raids and while they were more laggy then pre patch, they were "fine".

This makes getting people the back flagged achievements from Dance of the Demiurge impossible.
    Reogax, Conq, Mesil and 11 others like this.
  2. Kaerzan Sadpanda New Member

We had the same problem. for me every time a new wave came in i would totally lock for about a second every 3-4 seconds. cleared up when they died.
  3. Yroc Morf New Member

Same issues. This event was a bit laggy pre expansion. It is now impossible. Please address.
  4. Salnayil New Member

Completely unplayable raid at this point even with everything turned down to make the game look like I am playing an 8bit late 80’s game. Hot mess.
  5. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

While we managed to complete this event in an attempt on Crystal Crusher today even with quite a bit of difficulty due to the lag, we were not given the achieve despite not killing any of the delivery mobs..
  6. Knifen Augur

Its because at least one of the lil guys holding crystals didnt make it back to its spawn. We had this happen on one event at the very last boss while killing the Star a lil mushroom holding 2 crystals came out of no where and got killed. 2nd Attempt we had 1 person at each colo verify all 12 mushroom made it back to the aura.
  7. Rikii New Member

Impossible to heal during the huge lag spikes on this event post patch. Result is a raid wipe on content that has been succesfully completed dozens of times when max level was 120. Needs a fix so that event can be beat. This is stopping me and others from being able to finish the NoS expansion (and get type 5 reward) as we cannot access the 2nd event.
  8. Amex111 Journeyman

Seems as soon as it is triggered, is when the lag and problems begin.
    Silvena likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

Did you go and do the 2nd part of the raid, and if so was it as laggy ?
  10. Silvena *poke*

Not in the same raid force as Koutarou, but we made it to the second part and it was not even remotely as laggy as the first part.
  11. Knifen Augur

Our only real lag came from this one event. We cleared the new raids, some NoS ones, and only this one gave us the jitter/stutter lag. and it was Horrid anytime they blue mushroom illusion/dot went off.
    Conq and Silvena like this.
  12. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

We did the whole raid (did not notice only 47 shrooms had delivered until after Star was dead), only horrible lag in the first part.
  13. Windance Augur

Q: Has anyone done Dance of the Demiurge since patch 1-19?
    Q: If so was there lag spikes like Myconid Mutany ?

I should have been more clear:

Raid #1: Myconid Mutany
    - Small lag spikes for me started as soon as the raid script started spawning the little guys who come up to the central tower. ~1s spikes every 12s or so.
    - Large lag spikes as soon as the 4x mini bosses started. 2-3s spikes every 6s-12s.

Raid #2 : Dance of the Demiurge
    - We haven't been able to work the cheeses for folks who still need de-illusioned.
    Silvena likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Killing the blue mob (makes mushroom illusions) everything got easy after that.
    Not sure why, but just kill blue first, then it settles down.

Did not have an issue on event 2, the crazy lag seems to be about making people illusions.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

Are there still issues with this raid event as of the latest update?
    Windance likes this.
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

I played through this on Saturday night. There was a major lag spike every time the raid got turned into blue mushrooms. I recall people mentioning a lag spike whenever a new add spawned.

It was my first time ever experiencing it.
    Barton-Vox and Lubianx like this.
  17. Lodestar The Undefeated

Cairbrae should already know about NPC load-in causing hitching for every single model/NPC/PC loading into the game world. This is a significant issue affecting more than just one raid. I've spent a good amount of time laying out multiple scenarios in other post(s) showing this, and communicating directly with him as well. Hitching per texture loaded is worse than in the prior patch.

Are the developers communicating amongst themselves, leadership engaged holistically, and those involved on this particular issue partnering up?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...c-load-ins-multi-game-instance-zoning.296068/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/short-freezes-on-mob-spawn-dx11.296040/
    Barton-Vox, Fanra and Fenthen like this.
  18. Windance Augur

Yes.

As of Feb 24th
    Lubianx likes this.
  19. Amex111 Journeyman

A very big yes.
  20. Lubianx Augur

As Lilbraen said, every time we we got mushroomed and when adds spawned the lag was awful.
    It cause a few tank deaths.
    It was so bad that even Rare had to blame someone in addition to himself.