Memory Mode Loading Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Scila Augur

I might have a really old copy somewhere like a year or so old let me dig around. On another note, with the white graphics and the oohh mom look I see naked bodies - I'm glad my 15 yo nephew stopped playing for a ton of reasons that we already know new players have stated already. His dad would have my hide right now right along with why does your game play like this it's a piece of ... fill in the blanks. New players from other games just aren't going to tolerate it.
  2. Windance Augur

Good thing there are no new players, eh? ....

I'm 100% sure your 15 year has seen more just from watching youtube.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  3. Scila Augur

4. fransisco Augur

is there a way to just undo the most recent patch? Everything worked fine for me. dx11 had no issues.
    Knifen likes this.
  5. Scila Augur

It's most likely past the point of revert without creating further problems.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

SOP - screw it up so bad that hitting Ctrl Z is no longer an option and you have no choice but to keep going.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

The original post is feedback, and for clarity I have renamed the thread "Memory Mode Loading Changes". Textures continuing to load when you are already in the zone is intentional for least memory mode settings. We are continuing to tweak the memory settings available. Moving this post to a feedback section.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its doing in most memory mode too.
    Barton-Vox, Fanra, CatsPaws and 2 others like this.
  9. thebes99 New Member

Hang on a minute, let's not get carried away.
    Don't you understand that the game is really hard to work on because of the spaghetti-western code?
    How are they supposed to fix it? It's basically like trying to decypher heiroglyphics at this point, which is pretty much impossible.
    I mean, at least that's what I heard...
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

That's not really the customer's fault now, is it?
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  11. thebes99 New Member

Hmmm... welp. You got me there.
    You're right.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not. My. Problem.

Just fix the damn game.
    Veteran_BetaTester and CatsPaws like this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It does it in all modes, least, balanced, most, whatever. There is no way around it. And its getting worse, like an infection
    Barton-Vox and Scila like this.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I don’t know why they have this obsession with making the game unplayable. Is the goal to kill off the game? UI hot trash and unfinished and now this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we have the texturecashe back that worked far better than this mess.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Every time I zone, my merc heals herself. I'll have to check tomorrow night when I get on to see if her hp's drop. I suspect they do.

As for the OP. Before the patch, everything loaded quickly, no grey or nude models. Now it renders much slower. Not the end of the world, but annoying.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

The grey is not just when zoning. I can be zoned in for some time and everything in my viewpoint is fully loaded, then I turn around and there are new grey textures. Its like the game isnt loading stuff until its needed. It had plenty of time to load. It just didnt.

edit: this is with most memory on
  18. Metanis Bad Company

I actually went looking for this feature in DX11. It's not there as a simple switch they could just turn on. I have no idea how they implemented this in DX9. It may not be a trivial thing to make it work again.
  19. Scila Augur

I'm looking at the beta ini ...

TextureCache=True
    UseD3DTextureCompression=True
    WindowedGamma=1
    LinearGammaContent=1
    Bloom=1
    Gamma=12.000000
    TextureQuality=1
    APVOptimizations=True
    GraphicsMemoryModeSwitch=1
    20PixelShaders=1

All models are on
    MipMapping=True
    TextureCache=True

What else are we looking for? DX was tested on beta and not put in with the xpac. Some of what we are seeing was seen in beta and corrected before the xpac went live.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Memory.ini file

This area:

[MemoryMode2]
    TextureLoadsPerFrame=5
    AnimationLoadsPerFrame=4
    BitmapsPerFrame=3
    DownsamplesPerFrame=1
    DownsampleDistance1=300.0f
    DownsampleDistance2=600.0f
    UpsamplesPerFrame=1
    UpsampleDistance=150.0f
    TimeoutNearDistance=150.0f
    TimeoutNearTime=60000
    TimeoutFarDistance=1200.0f
    TimeoutFarTime=10000
    MaxTextureQuality=0
    MinTextureQuality=2
    TextureDistance1=250
    TextureDistance2=500
    MaxHighQualityTextureMem=512
    DownsampleTextureMem=496

The above is current update. I am looking for it before DX11 was put in. ( or right on that day it was put in ).