Agent of Change solo

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zojin Ra, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Zojin Ra New Member

I tried multiple times to start an instance using the Agent of Change but it always says it requires a party of 6. I thought this was already changed to allow solo players to start an instance with their merc? Can this be implemented? I pay a monthly subscription and cant even do half the content because i'm locked out since it's requiring large groups.
    Dre. likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Agent of change is to allow players to do raid content when the open world target is down. I'm pretty sure all instances for raid content require 6 players. Most raid instances if not all do not allow mercs.
  3. Manerz Journeyman

AoCs will allow mercs, it doesnt force your group to become a raid.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Not a bug, but any headcount requirement at this point in the game should just be removed.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He would still need more than just himself to do raid content at his level. Once the player is higher level then yes, they should take away the headcount. IE level 95 solo in Anguish etc.

But if they took away headcount for a level 60 or under who is trying to do Plane of Sky or other level appropriate raids then they would complain about the mobs being to hard to solo. I mention Plane of Sky based on op's previous posts.
  6. fransisco Augur

sadly it requires 6. It shouldn't though. Most people don't 6 box, so agents of change aren't all that useful
  7. Dre. Altoholic

I find the headcount to be much more problematic than a player's expectation to be able to solo any quest they can begin.
  8. Gialana Augur

You can get an AoC instance by yourself using a second account, possibly even a free account. At least this is what I just did with two accounts to get a plane of hate instance from the Agent of Change in South Ro (in the area that used to be Oasis).

Character 1, on account 1, invited Character 2, on account 2, to group.
    Character 2 camped
    Character 1 invited Character 3, on account 2, to group.
    Character 3 camped
    Character 1 invited Character 4, on account 2, to group.
    Character 4 camped
    Character 1 invited Character 5, on account 2, to group.
    Character 1 popped a mercenary.
    Now with a group of 6, 3 offline, 2 online, and a mercenary, Character 1 succesfully requested and zoned into the AoC Plane of Hate instance.

The highest level in the group was 125.
    The lowest level in the group was 32 (offline).
    For the purpose of levels, I believe offline characters count as level 1, so you could even just create a few level 1 characters on a second account.

So you can do this alone or ask for help from someone online.
  9. birdsong_pawn Augur

Absolutely. The headcount requirements have never stopped me from spinning up an instance to solo. It's just an annoyance at this point.
    Dre. likes this.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

Yep, done this more times than I can count. Huge annoyance. Wouldn't it be great if you never had to?
    Jedipokey likes this.