Experience issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wolfpack, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Wolfpack New Member

I was told to post here about my experience issue on my accounts after petitioning multiple times, Ive been playing this game all my life and I know there is something going on with my XP on my accounts. I'm currently getting VERY slow XP on all 3 of my accounts, I spent a full day xping in gyrospire zeka to level from 80 to 81, literally a full day.

Can post whatever information you need me to, let me know thanks.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Relevant info:
    • Server name
    • Levels of players and mercs in group.
    • EXP per kill percentage from logs (preferably con to show levels for each fight)
    • Screenshot of fellowship window.
    fransisco and Fenthen like this.
  3. Bernel Augur

How many are in your group, including mercs? Is everyone 80 or are there mixed levels? What level mobs are you killing and what percent exp are you getting per kill? If you're in a fellowship, do you have exp turned on? In another thread, someone was talking about their exp in Fortress Mechanotus:

I would guess that your exp per kill should be somewhere between .3%-.6% depending on how many are in your group.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Seems high to me considering +3 levels, no HZ and a lower group bonus if using mercs. Without setting up a test (later, maybe) I'd expect closer to .1-.2.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

are you in a fellowship? Are you currently sharing xp to fellowship? if so, turn off sharing.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Wolfpack New Member

7. Wolfpack New Member

8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Actually gyrospire zeka is in the hot zone list. If it was currently a hot zone on his server is unknown.

But its been said you still get bonus exp in them even when the zone is not active hot and is not on the current list offered by Teek and even outside of the kill quest.

So perhaps this was changed in the recent patch and the hot zones no longer continue with the bonus exp unless it is hot at that time and that is what he is seeing

Personally I never found that zone to give good exp in my 80's
  9. Wolfpack New Member

Im on mischief

Im boxing 81 shaman 81 warrior 81 ranger

Im killing white and yellow cons in gyrospire zeka, getting around 0.346% per kill

Not XP sharing with my felllowship

sorry trying to figure out how to post a screenshot been a while excuse me

my problem isnt xp per kill but my overall experience seems off, i grind all day long only to end up with half a level, something seems incorrect on my accounts and I dont know why
    mercury890 likes this.
  10. Stymie Pendragon

Around 1,000+ mobs per level sounds about, hehe. I can’t finish the sentence.
  11. fransisco Augur

Your experience is standard eq. Its always been that way. Its called grinding for a reason.
    Also, mercs suck exp. If you can function with less mercs, you'll get more exp. They don't count towards the group bonus, but still take a full split of the exp.

It was only in ToV that easy mode started where you don't have to grind. You can just open chests in the guild lobby and play overseer_quest
    (still amazed how you get high level characters who cannot cast their spells because thier skills are too low).
    Nennius likes this.
  12. JetZeppelin2h Augur

This is incorrect. A merc will take your own exp away but will not affect anyone else in the group. I have been leveling alot lately and the way it currently works the highest level in the group has zero affect on exp of other players in the group as long as they are within 30 level range. As far as mercs if you have a merc out it will lower your exp because some exp goes to merc exp but if other people in the group have a merc out it will have zero affect on your exp earned.

For AA exp your max level toon in the group will affect how much exp the lowest level person in the group gets so if the 125 toon only gets say 10% per kill the level 95 in your group will only get 10% aa per kill. If you only have a 110 max in the group and they get 40% aa exp per kill then you will get 40% aa exp per kill.

Honestly, I hate this current system they use but there is nothing we can do able it and you are best to find a quest like merc kill quest in firefall to get aa exp that has nothing to do with the higher level box you are using to help level.

On a side note back in the day a full group of real people would give bonus exp but it is so small that if you have a group of 5 125 and 1 merc vs 6 125 real players it won't give enough exp to even affect the #.### amount of exp you get and if I remember correctly it has zero affect on aa exp.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

No, merc exp is wholly independent of your exp, its not shared like AA and taking away from earned exp.

A merc out counts as a player for the exp split for the group.

The 6th player was not exactly a "bonus", the 6th real player does not count in the exp split so for 6 real players the max exp split is 5. Mercs do not count for this calculation, and having a merc in group makes the exp split 6. That is still valid.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...t-happened-to-the-full-group-xp-bonus.289636/
  14. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I just did some testing so maybe I am wrong but here is what I got with the following 3 toons being used.

Test 1 (102 persona in plane of shadow with a level 125 box and 110 box and all 3 have a merc out)
    102 is getting 0.071% exp per kill (changing to 100% exp it still gets the same exp with no aa)
    110 is getting 0.005% exp per kill (changing to 100% exp it still gets the same exp with no aa)
    125 is getting no exp per kill

Test 2 (102 persona in plane of shadow with a level 125 box and 2 have a merc out)
    102 is getting 0.074% exp per kill (changing to 100% exp it still gets the same exp with no aa)

Test 3 (102 persona in plane of shadow with a level 125 box only 125 merc is out)
    102 is getting 0.094% exp per kill (changing to 100% exp it still gets the same exp with no aa)

Test 4 (102 persona in plane of shadow with a level 125 box and no merc is out)
    102 is getting 0.145% exp per kill (changing to 100% exp it still gets the same exp with no aa)
  15. Allayna Augur

There is something very wrong with grind exp...and this is a relatively new phenomenon.

I have posted in another thread back when my new characters were in the late 70s. I am now level 91 and getting roughly a 10th of a percent per kill. This tends to be between 0.1 - 0.18, with a merc, without a merc, full group, all the same level...with a PL...dark blue con, deep red > 15 levels higher....does NOT matter.

Fellowship sharing is off.
    AA experience is set to 0.
    None of these accounts are personas....but I cannot imagine spending money on persona slots for this level of grind.

My assumption is that there is something very broken with whatever coding is used to scale down experience in older expansions as a new expansion comes out....it is applying exponentially and at current level in a zone.... instead of having a hard cut off of not applying to content that is even or higher con than that level character.

I did the HoT progression to flag for the T3 zones for some "fun" and the tasks were between 0.88% - 1% for completion. So if not from grind, not from progression, how are people expected to level?

Those people that are saying this is normal, have not been playing EQ in these levels and seen the atrocious experience.

Argath is the level 90 hotzone on my server at this time and when I went there at level 90, the experience per kill was 0.107%.

That is 934 kills to get to level 91.

Please look into this and stop listening to people who aren't out there actually testing the game.
    Jack, kroag and CatsPaws like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Was this solo? With a merc? Is the toon a heroic character?

Not doubting you...I'm just asking questions.
  17. kroag New Member

There is definitely something wrong with the experience. During these eras there was no exp chunks from completing merc and partisans or even group missions exp was just from grinding. The fact that I was helping at friend the other day with a group full of 6 toons and getting .1 to .2 killing red cons in shards landing at level 90 is terrible. How are people supposed to level toons before Tov when then started putting in a reasonable amount of exp on quests? I know everquest is a grind but 400 mob kills for a level at level 90 seems like they screwed up something somewhere.

Released personas this year it’s like they want everyone to just heroic their toons because once you hit level 80 you go from earning 1-3% a kill prior to .2 after.
    Jack, Allayna and Dre. like this.
  18. Allayna Augur

It’s in the second paragraph of my post. We attempted multiple approaches. From killing with all the same level characters. With and without mercs. A full group of players. A PL. it did not matter the experiences were roughly the same.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...missed that.

The truth is, we don't know what they've done with regards to xp gain at various stages of the game because, as we've seen, they quietly nerf xp for various things and don't tell anyone about it. I think that if they did nerf it in some way, a lot more people are going to start taking notice as they level up personas.
    Jack and Allayna like this.
  20. Bernel Augur

By any chance, does anyone have any old log files from when they were in the 80's and 90's? It would be interesting to see the exp amount from back then compared to now.
    Allayna likes this.