Anniversary Tower merchant gear

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ineffable, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Ineffable New Member

Unparalleled Mask of Distant Echoes does not have luck on it like its counterpart Unparalleled Charm of Distant Echoes. Is this intentional ?
    Battileur, lolans, Nennius and 4 others like this.
  2. Ashigaru Augur

Curious to see if this is indeed a bug, or if it's intentional design
  3. Orcen Elder

The Guardian version of the mask, both superlative and Unparallel not only doesn't have luck on them either, but looks to be about 100 AC short for the line of Guardian (tank) masks with Anger. Even the T1 Guardian mask from LI expansion has about 100 more AC than these ones do from the tower merchant.
  4. Kalamos Augur

The items from the Tower merchant are non-prestige, which means FTP characters can use it and non-prestige items don't normally include Luck. The Charm from the merchant having Luck (as well as a type 22 aug slot which is weird for a non-prestige item) is either an exception to this previous design decision or it's a mistake.
  5. Vividor Elder

It is also short in heroic stamina, the T1 mask from LS expansion (Burly Negotiator) has 53 Hsta, this one only 28.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

They're also short on the secondary stats, like attack, heal amount, etc. The odd thing is, the new type 7 merchant aug not only has WOEFULLY pitiful heroic stats (like TBL era stats), it also doesn't have any of those secondary stats...making it utterly useless on any piece of gear.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Type 25
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, there's a new type 7 aug on the vendor that just has AC, HME, and craptastic heroic stats...that's the one I'm referring to.
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

You customize the stats with the type 25, like TBM, its not missing its in the aug.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

And those stats put you WAY under where you were unless you use a type 7 aug you already have in conjunction with it...and even then it comes up short in most instances. That's my point...the new type 7 aug is f'ing useless to anyone. Clearly, they intended the new type 7 to be used in the new gear, but it's awful and makes your stats worse off if you DO use it.

Whoever itemized this stuff had no freaking idea what they were doing.
  11. Vividor Elder

Even with the Hsta type 25 aug it has less Hsta than guardian T1 mask from LS expansion. Items need to be retunned.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

maybe tower was designed for ftp
  13. Vividor Elder

but tower non-prestige items can not be worse than LS non-prestige loot
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't think they have any idea who or what they designed it for, given the inconsistencies in the gear and the "missions" themselves. They seem more like design scenarios used to test certain mechanics, like something you might find on a beta server, or even some sort of internal testing server...rather than something you'd put on a Live server.
  15. Ineffable New Member

According to test update 3/5/2024:

- The names, icons, and lore text have been swapped for the Guardian's Girdle and Assaulter's Belt.
    - Type 7 augments available from Miacallie Herlsas in Tides of Time have had stat adjustments where applicable.
    - Fixed an issue that caused Selyrah mounts to disappear and their buffs to misbehave.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Reduced the price of mounts on the anniversary merchant.

That is nice that you addressed the type 7 augs - even the mount that most are disinterested in, but you still have yet to even acknowledge my question regarding luck and whether or not it is supposed to be on the gear like the charm. Could it be possible to consider actually answering my question from almost a month ago please? its a yes or no answer.