Guild Pitch (2024 TLP)

Discussion in 'TLP Guild Recruitment' started by ECrack, Feb 21, 2024.

1. ECrack Augur

If a guild like this would be of interest to you, just hit like so we can look at the numbers.

Guild Type: Casual / Raiding

ONE RAID DAY: Sunday evening. (Exact time TBD, maybe something like 6 pm EST start time.) This would be the only day DKP is earned/spent.

Saturday: Evening - Flagging/Keying/Epic/Quest, etc.

Monday: Older content or raids not on the Sunday schedule.

Tuesday - Friday: Normal EQ shenanigans.

Discord: https://discord.gg/CBqEtbGJGY
    Goojim, Vetis, Ketchup4 and 3 others like this.
  2. Estragan New Member

Sounds like a chill guild.
    Vetis and ECrack like this.
  3. Estragan New Member

1 day a week would be nice as long as it’s active and have people running good off day raids. Anyway interested :)
  4. Ketchup4 New Member

Dig it
  5. Spellweaver Journeyman

:) Sounds Pretty Interesting like a guild that is casual and not racing something I may be interested in
  6. Estragan New Member

drop a discord link :cool:
    Vetis, ECrack and Ketchup4 like this.
  7. Spellweaver Journeyman

Agreed Drop one :)
  8. Ketchup4 New Member

Do we know the release date yet? Random question lol
  9. Exercitus Draco New Member

I am looking to run a six box. This would be cool guild for me. I may even open myself up to doing some off-night raids to targets not scheduled as targets for that Sunday raid time.
    Vetis, ECrack and Ketchup4 like this.
  10. besbin Journeyman

Sign me up if it’s a 6pm start. UK here and Euro guilds raid way too early for me so an early evening east coast guild would suit me perfectly.
  11. Spellweaver Journeyman

6 Pm is a little early for me as it runs into dinner rather have 7 or even 8pm but eh whatever works
  12. ECrack Augur

I've created a discord. https://discord.gg/CBqEtbGJGY

Here are my initial thoughts that I'd like you to be aware of for this project. First is our guild motto:
    "Farm relationships, not pixels."

The thing that makes EverQuest such an amazing experience is the people you meet along the way. If you are the type of person that is going to ragequit a guild because the first Shield of the Immaculate didn't go to DKP but was instead random /1000'd. This probably isn't the guild for you. (Although, I like this idea as a deterrent for neck beards boxing a perfect RA toon in our guild to snag one and then bail to their home guild!)

Now, having said that. I am not saying we are going to do that, I'm not sure what decisions we'll make yet when it comes to items. But, I have been on too many TLP's in too many guilds where people choose items over maintaining good relations with guildies.

If you are the type of person who wants to race to max, get server firsts, and get all the best in slot items as fast as possible to have the highest hit point character for your class on the server and be on a list somewhere on some website, I'm sure there will be a Faceless style variant guild roflstomping content on the 25th anniversary server.

This will not be that guild.

We will roll up our toons, people will play the class/race combos they believe they will enjoy the most. We will help each other as much as possible whether it be in the form of raids, exp groups, quests, gear, epics, flagging, keys, etc.

I have every intention of clearing content as fast as we are able. I really don't have any control over how many people join our guild, how many stick around, how much work each person puts in individually, etc. What I am going to attempt to have some control over is creating and maintaining a welcoming environment that hopefully reciprocates into a successful guild.

Now to end on, I have rolled a couple toons on Mischief and started a guild on there simply while we pass the time. You're welcome to join me. I think I'm just going to get a couple toons up to 51, farm aa's and do older content, test some things and add guides/tips/tricks etc to the discord along the way.

Message me on discord Vetis#1007
    Shalom and Vetis like this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I am in! Commence relationship farming!
    ECrack and Vetis like this.
  14. Spellweaver Journeyman

I am in on this as long as it's not a race i want to do in era raids but not race to 50 in 3 days and get server first i don't have the time for that. But i also don't want to get left behind because that is what makes me quit honestly, I have played on most if not all tlps and also in progression style guild farthest i have raided was up to don. But that was years ago and i miss it honestly so this may be my final chance to do it again but that remains to be seen. Not getting any younger only older. Btw i just been playing around on oakwynd have a baby toon there to pass the time. Waiting for the weeks or months to go by lol. I only play wizard btw too always have. Try to catch up with yall on discord.
    ECrack, jeskola and Vetis like this.
  15. ECrack Augur

I think this is the perfect highlight of the intention of this guild. For players just like you.

The thing is we have to keep in mind that because we are going to go this slower pace and do things casually, people also have to be okay with the fact that with only a single raid day, it is likely we will not clear all raid content in era. We can't have our cake and eat it too unfortunately.

So, as long as people are joining the guild with that understanding, We will be successful in our own goals on our own timeline.

Everyone who would join this guild would be here for the experience of the game and the friends you make along the way, instead of the intent of being #1 with full best in slot and all raid targets down in era.

We'll do what we can with the time we've allotted to play, it's as simple as that.
    jeskola likes this.
  16. Daragoth Lorekeeper

Guild sounds great, Sunday raids wouldn't work for me, but best of luck. Hopefully this year's TLPs will have more guilds like this.
    ECrack likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

18. Escarille New Member

The raid time doesn't work for me but as long as everyone is essentially just there to help each other out I may still join and be just a little behind all of you. Totally looking for a truly casual guild that raids for the benefit of members not DKP hoarding 6 boxers that need item X for their bard box over an actual person.
    jeskola and Vetis like this.
  19. Goojim New Member

I'm in!
    jeskola and Vetis like this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

This is the place for you and those like you for the 25th anniversary TLP!