Announcement Timing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GnomeGnomeGnome, Feb 21, 2024.

1. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

Hi
    Does anyone know when they announce the new servers?
    The earliest I can find on Oakwynd was 17 April last year, when there was a lot of feedback about the rules.
    Does that mean the new servers are announced around middle of April?
  2. jeskola pheerie

Sometimes last week of April
  3. Imdead Augur

The earliest I remember was Aradune which was announced mid March if I remember correctly. Generally speaking they're announced mid April unfortunately.
  4. Mashef Augur

I personally was hoping for a little more info this year during the actual anniversary even if near the end of it...perhaps allow time for them to gather feedback/opinions and gauge interested and allow time for adjustments.

I would add here - if they announced something at the start of the anniversary and you could earn claimable fun items as part of the anniversary that are claimable on TLP it could encourage early subs to roll in.

I expect it in mid to late April as mentioned above. That is the MO of DPG.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Critt Augur

unfortunately DBG and now DPG have no concept of marketing or building excitement.... Or they are just so terrified that their idea is so bad they don't want to deal with 3 months of complaining.. I'm guessing the last one....lol
  6. jeskola pheerie

Probably since you are literally complaining already pre-ruleset.

We could also make a case that they are focusing on squashing bugs with personas, anniversary tower, and Laurion's Song and don't really focus on TLP much until March.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Critt Augur

yeah, you could make that case .... if you are unfamiliar with this games devs
  8. jeskola pheerie

Ok insider, please expand on your wealth of knowledge on Eq devs. The facts I am putting out are based on historical data, what do you have to counter?
  9. Stagentti Augur

What historical data do you have that DPG don't focus on TLP much until March?
  10. jeskola pheerie

Let's see

Crap you got me
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you look at there schedule for releasing content you can work it out.

October to December focus is on Beta for next expansion release.

December to March focus is fixing expansion bugs and anniversary content.

Next on the list is the new TLP server(s) so the main focus switches to that in March/April ready for the release in May.

They may decide on basic rules etc before then, but as we saw with FTE for Oakwynd the server prep work is done much closer to launch.
    Rijacki, Barton-Vox and jeskola like this.
  12. Stagentti Augur

I mean...but no?

None of that confirms they don't focus on TLPs until March. You're just guessing.

You really think DPG doesn't focus on TLPs until a month or two before launch?

You do realize it's possible to focus on more than one thing at once, right? Like how patches can include bug and other fixes throughout the year which, ya know, takes the focus of devs.

Your schedule also completely ignores that some devs have to be focused on developing the new expac long before it can be prepared for beta. Cause, ya know, you need an xpac before you can beta test it. Unless you think each xpac only takes a matter of weeks to create.

Unless you have some other insider knowledge on EQ devs.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We are discussing main focus.

People like Absor and art are working on the expansion a year+ before launch. It's not until much later Darkpaw switches it's main focus to the expansion.

TLP is likely to have been under discussion since the last ones launched. No doubt with a lot of ideas thrown in the hat and dismissed. With full focus to get it up and running not happening until a few months before launch. The mess FTE was on test prior to launch shows how late they leave it to get features working.
    Shalom, Barton-Vox and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ding ding ding
  15. Stagentti Augur

Oh OK. Didn't realize we were talking about main focus. Thanks for clarifying.

I didn't see "don't really focus on TLP much" as meaning not their main focus...
  16. Stagentti Augur

17. Agonybot2 New Member

All I can hope for is that the server can stack up to Selos... Really enjoyed the 20th anniversary TLP, so the 25th is surely going to be great.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Rizlona was the best. No need for antiquated setups with multiple old laptops from a pawn shop or looking up vm hacks.
  19. Critt Augur

you don't have to be an insider to see how they have always operated... not sure you know what a fact is since nothing you said was actually factual, but a guess on your perception of the past... or maybe you are claiming insider info??