Post patch bugs.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Herf, Feb 21, 2024.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would like to say I never had hitching or lag issues but I must have had them at some point. Maybe back in the day? Nothing recent. Was always amazed that all these top gun players had those issues and little ole me didn't!

The only thing DX11 did was make the game so dark and make armors so fluorescent that I cannot see well and get a headache after a few hours of play.

The grey rendering does not help when you get jumped after zoning and can't see what is attacking you. Yes, I can click attack since they are in my target window but that is not the point.

It looks like they substituted one bad bug to fix another
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Lodestar The Undefeated

Top gun players who have the capacity for visual recognition of 30 millisecond hitches, have hitching because they are top gun players with the capacity to actually sensually recognize it.

If someone thinks they never had hitching or don't have hitching, then it's fair to surmise what type of player they are.
    Dre. likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Was it necessary to post this? :(
  4. Lodestar The Undefeated

Yes. There's a widespread lack of understanding that if one doesn't see hitching, then they don't have any hitching. Blatantly wrong and false. Hitching has never not existed in Everquest since DirectX 6 in 1999.

But I think the devs understand this, so point taken. Probably unnecessary since the devs are the ones fixing things now, and not anyone else.

"Was always amazed that all these top gun players had those issues and little ole me didn't".
  5. Hekaton Augur

so now after the patch my guild hall ports have me spawning under the world. managed to move them out than when i went to catch up on some older progression for some achievos i zoned in into the abyss in the valley of lunalyn mission and it dumped me under world there. this is getting oddball annoying

now i just left housing and it spawned me underworld and had to have a mage come and help me out since i was stuck in duck. i don't see this issue happening with anyone in the guild so i dunno if its some setting just effecting me
    Yinla and Herf like this.
  6. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

I can't believe it either and worse , peeps say they were aware of many of these issues during Beta testing,,Noob move... I agree whole heartedly. I wished they would just REVERT already and save face.... Go back into Beta and work these issues out.. Geeezzzz....The bleeding is so profuse now for many from what I am seeing in forums. .Nasty bird nest gets worse as it goes.. Its like trying to force new graphics code into a old graphics engine that can't be done,,,, The game's graphics engine has run it's course in development and it ran flawlessly pre patch,
    What a mess,,,smh
    Suggestion; Save face and REVERT... Work on new content....You will instantly become a GOD;
    and secondly, Just create a new game with the new graphics engine..i.e.EQ3. and leave well enough alone,,,
  7. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

I can't believe it either and worse , peeps say they were aware of many of these issues during Beta testing,,Noob move... I agree whole heartedly. I wished they would just REVERT already and save face.... Go back into Beta and work these issues out.. Geeezzzz....The bleeding is so profuse now for many from what I am seeing in forums. .Nasty bird nest gets worse as it goes.. Its like trying to force new graphics code into a old graphics engine that can't be done,,,, The game's graphics engine has run it's course in development and it ran flawlessly pre patch,
    What a mess,,,smh
    Suggestion; Save face and REVERT... Work on new content....You will instantly become a GOD;
    and secondly, Just create a new game with the new graphics engines..i.e.EQ3. and leave well enough alone,,,
  8. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

It would be nice if DPG kept a dedicated server to DX9 when the game ran at its best flawlessly, instead of Killing it all together with the DX11 debacle/patch, with so many players quitting,,, Sad days in history for the game,,,,
  9. Monkeychunks Augur

So the grey is supposed to fix the hitching? Well its not. Just this afternoon players started complaining about freezing and hitching starting and the white out forms are loading very slow. No matter the zone.

Its going downhill. :(
  10. Lodestar The Undefeated

This is accurate. Although they attempted to do some deferred texture loading, the hitching is considerably worse now even with this new attempted improvement that's also causing grey/blank textures.
    mercury890, Velisaris_MS and Nennius like this.
  11. Monkeychunks Augur

It seems to me that we still have frozen or long zone times its just that now they have made it look like its just the textures loading causing the delay.

Don't magicians use that trick (called slight of hand) so the audience does not see what the reality is?

The greys are even when you just turn around or walk along. This is way out of control. Not messing with my computer for this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its like there are no improvements. The UI issues and Gamma issues are fading in the background because worse issues are going into the game with each patch

I now have freezing. It freezes when I turn a little and its trying to load the new greys.

mercury890, Herf and Yinla like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

There is SO much spaghetti piled up at the bottom of that wall the devs keep flinging it at, hoping beyond hope something sticks.
    mercury890 and CatsPaws like this.