TLP idea ... no krono, anything goes.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by shaggster, Feb 23, 2024.

1. shaggster Lorekeeper

as the title says

start from classic and work your way up without krono or ingame purchases
    Manafasto likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

3. shaggster Lorekeeper

yes.... Everquest didnt have krono or ingame purchases at the begining
  4. Zansobar Augur

It would be counter to the information DPG gives you when you buy a Krono since they tell you they can be used on any server. They will never do this unless they come out with a separate game with a separate subscription.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. shaggster Lorekeeper

rules and information can be changed. "Krono can be used on most servers" ez peezee
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Krono are account level items and as such they are available on ever Everquest server (As well as every game that your subscription works on). Even if they just prevent krono from being traded on a server that would just move the krono part of the trade to a different server.

As for the in game purchases they would never do that as that revenue is an important part of keeping the game running.

There was still plenty of RMT happening and krono was not the cause of that.
    Appren and Rijacki like this.
  7. Veilless New Member

Take away revenue stream to appeal to what I can only imagine is a small portion of their player base: Whimsical casual people. Not happening.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. SnapVine Augur

My tracker has the old amount happening at Moderate but now they are at High. They have been High for a while and every time I check the tracker they are High.
  9. Stagentti Augur

It also had an absurdly higher player count keeping the game running without krono or in game purchases.
  10. shaggster Lorekeeper

I never mentioned RMT or anything , the fact someone would bring that up makes me suspicious.
    there are "other" servers that have little to no RMT and they have no Krono and those servers are doing great. the fact they arent doing better is because of intrusive anticheat and the fact they arent "OFFICIAL" servers. if these "other" servers were "Official" the population would be very high and I am sure the game dev's would make their money to buy outrageously big houses and fancy cars.
  11. shaggster Lorekeeper

yes, and maybe EQ should be taken back to those days and rethink why there was a huge population count... maybe because of some changes to the core game? EQ usd to be EQ, now its some cookie cutter pay to win game like all the other zoomer games comming out
  12. shaggster Lorekeeper

I would also like to add that everyone posting on these forums have an interest in EQ and how it is operating at the moment.... the people that arent posting on these forums are most likely uninterested in how EQ is operating now... I can bet that if Krono and ingame purchases were gone EQ would have a much much higher population.. the old population numbers show that old EQ is better .... we are on a forum where there are silent people with different views being shutdown by a small population of players that think cookie cutter is fine
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Claiming no one brought up RMT when you not only mentioned Krono use but also in-game purchases is entirely disingenuous.

Krono are also used to purchase a month's subscription for an account which provides access across all servers and all games that are part of the All Access subscription. Krono is also part of RMT (real money transfer). It is used to transfer plat from one player to another who has bought or obtained a Krono via trade. It is also used to purchase items from other players.

I sincerely doubt there is no RMT on the non-DBG servers though it might be more underground. Though, what would you need/want to buy that hasn't been farmed 10K times before over the last decades those servers have been frozen with base+ 2 expansions.

Disclaimer: I have neither bought nor sold any Krono on any server (I have been given plat by other players who have for things I made via tradeskills in-game). Nor have I ever bought any item for real money though I have bought fluff items with DB coin (formerly SC) and a couple Marketplace bags on Oakwynd for one character. I have purchased CE and PE bundles of the game and I do have 3 accounts (predating F2P) with 2 of them subscribed.
    Shalom likes this.
  14. shaggster Lorekeeper

you dont know what context is do you?
  15. shaggster Lorekeeper

same 50 people defending Krono and mentioning RMT in the shady context ... would like to see some posts and replies that dont mention any of these.. perhaps this is what EQ is now?

seeing some new faces with a new perspective on the EQ forums would be great.
  16. shaggster Lorekeeper

I still dont see anywhere where I mentioned RMT...

edit: just scroll up to my first few posts
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The fact you cannot understand the relationship between Krono and RMT is baffling and requires a lot of suspension of disbelief and ignorance of context.

Why else would you want Krono removed from a TLP unless it is because of the RMT relationship? You surely aren't saying that Krono to cover the account subscription shouldn't be allowed for an account with characters on that TLP? Because paying for an account subscription is the only thing Krono can be used for outside of RMT. If not for RMT in some form, why do you think there are Krono trades on any server?
    AzzlannOG and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would you want to remove krono if it isn't for RMT concerns?
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  19. Wassari New Member

Well, then Krono can be unlocked at level 75. This way krono can still be used on every server. :p
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  20. Kahna Augur

How many times do people have to lay out the very clear reasons why there will never be a no krono server? Why do people even keep bringing it up. DPG isn't going to make a server where they don't make money off of Krono and Marketplace purchases. If you want that in your life go play on the free fan servers, because that is the only place you will ever see that style of gameplay. DPG has salaries to pay, and just folk's monthly subs isn't gonna cut the mustard.
    Shalom, Barton-Vox and OldTimeEQ1 like this.