Masks from Tower

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forbick, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Lots of group gear has luck. What am I missing here?
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

Non-prestige gear tends not to have luck.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ahh Never been FTP and I missed that. Thanks.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  4. fransisco Augur

im not talking about gear having luck. I'm referring to group gear having a type 22 slot. Thats no different than a type 8 slot. Its a raid only slot on group gear. Hence saying it'd be wierd and not make sense
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The luck aug (slot 22) is not a raid aug rather it is just a charm aug slot. Group charms also have the type 22 aug slot allowing a luck aug to be placed in them. The real issue is that a fully upgraded luck aug will have a higher luck value then other slots.

https://ls.eqresource.com/groupgear.php?class=&type=charm&stat=ac&tier=1&Submit=Submit
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Svann2 like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

Don't type 22 augments only drop in raid events. Yes, from raid trash instead of bosses, but its still a raid only drop
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Un
    Understood now.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and fransisco like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

You do know that group T3 charms have type 22 slots, right? I know radiers don't actually give a damn about the group game, but I figured you guys would at least be aware of that much. So, that nonsense about the luck augs being raid only is exactly that...nonsense.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, but you don't need to actually raid in order to clear the trash and get the drops you just need to get a raid instance. Players are still able to farm them and use them in group drops.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  10. Alnitak Augur

Nope. Type 22 auments for charm items drop in Expedition instanced zones.
    Historically people call those "raid" zones/events, but there is no technical requirement to form a raid.
    Traditionally, those Expedition instanced zones do not allow mercenaries, so a full compliment of players in tanking/healing roles is required.
    Those zones in expansions since ToV are once populated (no respawns after death) by monsters colloqually known as "raid trash", which randomly drop those "Luck augments" and typically not significantly more difficult than expansion Tier 2 monsters.
    So, technically, those are not "raid events".

Welcome to an Expedition.
    (yes, I am nitpicking)
  11. Lubianx Augur

Whilst I do agree with this and it's easy enough to farm the expeditions, if you really wanted to nitpick and play Devil's Advocate, you cannot use mercs whilst farming these and all mobs have a raid timer.
  12. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

They seriously should have added a more expensive Prestige option with luck. I mean, come on. It's clear they are going to keep adding nonvisibles throughout the year.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

Think luck is mainly on prestige items, so if your a F2P, your outta luck.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Its non prestige, that's why.