[Request] Options-Keys-All Better Hotbar Sort Order

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brickhaus, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Brickhaus Augur

In Options, Key Tab, each hotbar has it's own category. However, when you move to the All category, the hot buttons for each hotbar get all jumbled up ... presumably because the All display is a simple sort alpha-numerically ... and there is not "extra information" in the command strings.

So for each Hotbar instead of:
    Hot button 1
    Hot button page 1

could we get something like:
    HB1 Hot button 1
    HB1 Hot button page 1

so that we select the All category, the hot buttons for each hotbar will group together instead of combining all Hot button 1s then Hot button 2s etc.

It looks like the command column can handle the extra text without adjustment.

I know it's a small thing, but when implementing hotbar hot button keypress changes, using the All view is better (well, for me at least) and at least the hot buttons are clearly identified under All view.
    Tatanka, Silvena and Rijacki like this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It's the same in the ini file if you want to edit text or macros out of game. Finding the text for the right button is a PITA with the way they're arranged.

Editing the button text in game is also a PITA due to the in-game editor being so.. primitive and clunky, but I doubt that could be changed or improved easily.
    Silvena likes this.