Shroud destroys all hotkeys

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Enigman, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Enigman New Member

I got the gnoll shroud from Yaldu Bwor, choosing a level 55 tier one gnoll Berserker (obtained from the Bloodmetal Inlaid GnollishTotem).

I noted that all my hotkeys had been wiped, including the ones on hotbar eight that I usually used for that shroud, and upon returning to my normal form after hunting for a time, found my hotkeys were still all gone, with only Melee, Range Attack, Stand and Find available on hotbar one.

Somewhat annoying, as I had quite a few hotbars filled with rather useful abilities.

Logging out to check my character.ini files, I discovered that I have both a character_server_class.ini for both the base SHD character and a BER character with the same name. The SHD ini file has all the original hotkeys that were missing, while the BER file is empty of hotkeys other than the four abilities I noted.

I will have to see tomorrow whether logging back in resets me to the proper .ini file, but for the moment, the existence of the bug that wiped my hotkeys seems worth noting.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

I hope that you made a backup of your ini files. Same thing happened to me many years ago when I tried a shroud for the first time.
  3. SteamFox Augur

Had the same issue, zoning reloads your ui and the hot keys for the correct class show up again. You just need to setup hotbar 8 on the berserker now. This is a side effect of persona's so I assume if you ever make a berserker persona it will have the shroud setup.
  4. Enigman New Member

Logging back in today returned the base hotbars, but I will likely need to manually edit the berserker.ini file to add the Veteran AA's, as those were not accessible from the AA list as a shroud, and they are kind of handy.

Seems the only solution to dealing with the missing hotbars after returning from a shroud is to log out to desktop and back in though, as just logging to character select and back did not do the job.

I did not try logging to server select and back to test.
  5. SteamFox Augur

Did you try zoning? It reloaded my correct hotbars after I zoned.