We’ve heard the clamoring!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Introducing Fippy Fest 2024!

When the thought of a role-playing game with multiple online users playing simultaneously in lands called Norrath first dawned on the brilliant minds of game developers in the 1990s, no one would have dared imagine that we would still be celebrating the creation of EverQuest® 25 years later! This wonderful game we all love has helped pave the way for MMOs around the globe to this very day! This includes EverQuest® II, which celebrates its second decade! With such a banner year upon us for both games, we want to dip our proverbial toes back into the waters of get-togethers, but in a more digital sense.

While in-person events are great, we would like more of you to be able to join us in celebration of these feats. Therefore, we're honored to host the very first digital Fippy Fest on June 15th, 2024! Tune in as we look to the past and forward to the future of these games. We are planning on Q&A panels akin to those at Fan Faire's of the past. While watching the stream will not require ticketed access, every purchasable edition will include access to ask questions LIVE** AND some sweet digital in-game loot to show off on top.

[IMG]
    Visage of Brell Serilis

While we are focused on the digital aspect of this first Fippy Fest, we also plan to have a very limited number of tickets available for in-person attendance of the event and some pre-livestream activities. Mingle and chat with staff, meet some of the team helping to keep the games we all love alive, and ask questions live and in-person to the game team! We are keeping the in-person event small and intimate as we delve back into the realm of in-person events.

Tickets for both the digital and in-person events will go on sale on February 28, 2024, at 6:00 p.m. PST. Keep your eyes peeled for the link!

A hearty THANK YOU from all of us to all of you for continuing to make the EverQuest® Franchise thrive with your support and loyalty! We look forward to continuing this relationship long into the future! We could not do what we love without you all playing the games you love! Here’s to 25 more years!

**Q&A questions will be read in the order they are received. All questions may not be read due to the number, length, and available time. Daybreak Games employees reserve the right to remove questions that we deem are abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate.

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Tour, ThatOneDude, Ndaara and 7 others like this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

And if we just walk up like "what up ninjas!" ? Is this like a meet and greet?
  3. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

All the info and deets will be provided in an upcoming article.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Whatever you do about the in-person tickets, make sure they are non-transferable. It would be a shame for people who have no intention of going in person to be buying tickets to later markup instead of someone who would really like the chance to go.
    Trelania, Andarriel, Metanis and 6 others like this.
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Cannot thank you enough for providing tons of notice, as well as a heavily digital forward focus. International folks want to celebrate too!
    Rijacki, Angeliana and Cidran like this.
  6. Dreekenail Journeyman

very nervous about being able to get in person tickets, plz take my money!
    Angeliana likes this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I am very glad for the digital focus (as well as a more limited in-person) since I would need to stop procrastinating and get my passport renewed and suffer a plane trip to go in-person (and that's not even considering the costs of both as well as hotel and stuff). But I really am looking forward to an 'fan faire'-like event again. I'm hopeful a live digital event will have some of that same excitement.
    Angeliana likes this.
  8. Skribbs The Snek

See you there!
    Angeliana likes this.
  9. Derek Lorekeeper

And here I thought they were actually addressing all the people clamoring about the problems with the game currently :(
    Metanis likes this.
  10. Gamal New Member

Find a pub, and talk to the bartender about all your problems. Most of us appreciate the work done to make EQ fun all these years.
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  11. Elite_raider Augur

Uhm, your opening ticket purchases at 3 am European time......?
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You can do it face to face!
  13. charla Lorekeeper

Please revise the start time to e.g. 12 noon PST so UK& Europe can apply, ./.. middle of the night on your 6 am PST start is not very friendly!
  14. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

wts 2 in person tickets 50 krono or custom title "hated more than the most hated" pst
    Metanis likes this.
  15. Cuzon Elder

Can the pricing details please be posted sooner than the date the tickets go on sale? Those of us that would need to travel need to be able to figure out if we are going to be able to make this in person event of not. Since the in person tickets are limited, please give us some time to think about it ahead of when the tickets drop.
  16. Ladedade New Member

I attended the last SOE live in las vegas in 2013/14 whenever that was- such fun time! can't wait for this
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I doubt anybody was clamoring for this, at least not for years. But if this eventually turns into a Fan Faire Redux, I'll do my part to help make it successful. Pricing of course, will be key to my decision making process.
  18. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Unless you're planning on going in person to California, you'll be fine it seems.
    Limited in person tickets
    Unlimited premium online tickets (to ask questions and get some ingame items)
    Free standard online tickets
    Skribbs likes this.
  19. Wanuven Lorekeeper

Legit question:

Is the illusion going to be 30 minute song window buff with several hour recast? or is it actually an illusion we can use regularly?

I've been bamboozled before
  20. Abbydog Journeyman

Then it would be 3AM in Asia. Its a global game. No matter what time anything is done it will be an inconvenience to someone. So what you are really saying is Hey Daybreak could you crap on the Asians instead of the Europeans? Thanks.
    Rijacki likes this.