Masks from Tower

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forbick, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Forbick Journeyman

Any reason why the masks from the tower tasks (year of darkpaw stuff) don't have luck on them? It really makes it so that no one wants to use these masks over things they can currently get in the game already.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that kinda sucks. The fact that the type 7 aug from the vendor has no secondary stats (attack, heal amount, etc.) makes it even worse. The type 25 augs just don't have enough of those stats to make up for the loss.

While it has more AC and HME than what my toons had, I had to use other type 7 augs to get back to where I was before on those secondary stats. But the loss of the luck makes me question the usefulness of the new masks. The charm has luck, so I don't know if the mask not having any is intentional or an oversight.

I hated this type itemization in TBM...I hate it even more now.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I havent done any tower stuff but are the mask non prestige? i know non dont have luck on them. But if not i wouldnt give up any luck even if it was a big increase.
  4. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Luck if you look at some of the charts don't matter that much once you get like 10-15 luck per item it doesn't matter that much if you lose a few. I have not looked at the stats of what you are talking about so it may not be worth losing a few in place of some T2 LS gear.
  5. Moege Augur

Mask in non prestige, but then so is the charm
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

The charm is a cut and paste mistake I suspect.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Hopefully they do more than tower. Or tower gets better.

Level with all you do is dance at certain time.
    Fun stuff.
    EQ is so serious all the time, quests/raids, quests quests, tedious ones. Not no quest go dance, do simon says dancing and 100% it and get 40AAs. Have fun in EQ and get rewarded.

Wheres the fun stuff?
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You need to do the Mischief raid in LS.
    Sprooce likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

items without luck make ZERO sense. They are a strict downgrade.
    Velisaris_MS and Sunawar like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless you're F2P. Or don't have any items beyond T1 from expacs (srcubs, I know, but they DO exist). I myself only have luck on ~4-5 pieces of my gear.

I usually look at easy-to-get anniversary and event items as a leg up for scrubs. If you're rockin' BIS with any regularity, these probably aren't aimed at you.
    Rijacki and alanus like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

They could put a type 22 slot on it (I think that's the luck aug type) and let people go farm a luck aug for it if they wanted.
  12. fransisco Augur

Making an entire tier of gear pointless just to exclude luck from ftp people is rather silly. That maybe made sense in TBL, but its been how many expacs?
  13. fransisco Augur

That wouldn't make any sense. Type 22 is a raid drop. Why would you put raid only augment slots on group gear?
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Has anyone parsed the actual effect of luck? In other words, what is the net effect of the loss of luck from the mask?
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

0 total compared to 300 total? A lot.

Less than 10 luck difference? None, unless you cross the 10 point boundary.

10 luck difference? 1% after you get above 70 total luck.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Luck#Luck_numbers
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not as great as I feared. :) The lack of some others stats on augments (attack,etc.) is interesting too. Perhaps a dev. would like to comment.

P.S. Watching NASA TV. Fingers crossed about the landing today. I'm hoping my halfling experiment survives.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

If it doesnt stack with the luck aug in the charm slot then why?
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

The luck augs are drops off of raid trash...no need to actually have a raid. Group players farm them all the time to put in the charm slot.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm talking about the masks, which have no luck. Put a luck aug slot on those masks so people can farm a luck aug if they want luck on them.

Why wouldn't it stack?
  20. fransisco Augur

Same reason group gear doesn't have type 8 slots. This is group gear