Collection Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Cicelee Augur

Collection set XYZ contains 8 collects to get. I want to sell all 8 in bazaar. As of now, the 8 take up 8 inventory slots. Over time bags get very full, especially with the limitations on how many slots a bazaar bag has. Or I want to hand a set over to someone, as of now I have to initiate a trade and physically move 8 collects into the trade window.

If only there was a way that, once you have a full set, you can combine them in a bag and then either trade or sell that bag. Would reduce a lot of inventory space in bazaar bags, and make it easier to trade/parcel to someone else. Whomever receives the bag can open it up (similar to a summoned mage pet weapon bag) and have a container with the 8 collects in it.

Yay or nay?
    minimind, Sita, Andarriel and 3 others like this.
  2. Knifen Augur

Great idea HOWEVER, their way of doing it would be to sell you a combiner from the DB store to combine it like ornaments. I additionally suggest that if the idea moves forward the combine phase is a 0 cost, not XP, not Coin, not DB Coin, not some other weird cost. Just combine free of charge.
    minimind and Vumad like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Great Idea!!

It would also solve not needing to see the spam players put in chat and /ooc that want to sell complete sets!
  4. Bernel Augur

Being able to combine collectibles would really make them a more enjoyable part of the game. One way they could do this is through the collectible achievement window itself. It could show you how many of each collectible you have and let you combine them if you have a full set, like this:

[IMG]

If you have a full set, the "Combine" button is active. Clicking it would create a compacted collection set which could be expanded to get the collectibles. Just like Hero's Forge suit consolidator does. They could do it with a collection combiner box where you have to put the collectibles in, but that's going to be a huge pain to get the right collectibles into the box when you have 100's of stacks of collectibles. The achievement window already has the list of collectibles needed for the set. If they could make the combine work from there, it would be really convenient.

As for charging for it, I could see just making it part of the AA-membership. If you're an AA member, you can combine collections. Or maybe you can buy the combine ability from the DB shop. A one-time purchase will enable you to combine as many collections as you like. Don't make it like the HF consolidator where you have to buy a consolidator for each combine.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

With Overseer, I'm amazed anyone is still paying for collectibles.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do many players buy complete sets?

I usually do /baz when I'm missing a couple
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Knifen Augur

Overseer doesnt do current content, and yes tons of lazy that will buy rather than do.
  8. fransisco Augur

and what if I only have some of them? this creates a near infinite set of combination of collectible sets. It makes buying and selling things much harder.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Knifen Augur

I think they where only referring to being able to combine if you have a full set, like a suit does, cant combine without all the pieces.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As someone said, current expac isn't available through Overseer.

Also, all event collects are not available from Overseer. As of now, that's 215 collectibles, and then add 80 more by the end of the year for the rest of the YoDP collection sets.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, Overseer doesn't do current expansion shinies, but you can stockpile the dispensers and finish the whole expansion the day the next one launches.

And you're right...event collectibes might be the only ones you would need to buy if you don't manage to get them all during the event. But for expansion shinies...there's zero reason to buy a single one.
  12. Knifen Augur

Sure there are

Having a hard time getting that last one to fill in set.
    Immediate satisfaction
    Time allocated to playing, but still want to finish off collection set.
    Want Current Trophy now not next expansion and have no patience to go out and farm the entire set myself
    Very Lazy

Not saying my reasoning but plenty of reasons for someone to buy a single one. Collecting fragments and waiting tlll next year delays an ach, a trophy.

Is there a NEED to do it, nah with time can get them all, is there a WANT to, yes.
    alanus, Silvena and Nennius like this.
  13. Bilderov Augur

Agree.

Anything that can help reduce the absolute nightmare of keeping track of collections across multiple accounts and characters would be a benefit.

I spend more time working out trade-skill items and collectibles on my account than I would do managing a small business.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I am always shocked when I sell a prior expansion collectable for anything over 100 plat. Heck a few weeks ago I sold some TOL collect for six figures. Either people have way too much plat they don't know what to do with it, or they are not aware you can get old ones via Overseer.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Hmm i know for loyalty you can get a container that does hero forge suits dont see why they couldnt do one for collection would make it much nice to sell collections in game. And yea some collection pieces can go for 6 figures just gotta figure out the right ones. And not everyone uses overseer and if your on a server like mine (FV) theres alot of lazy people who got too much pp. Although to buy current expansion i had to pay 1m + for a few but i wanted that big 46 slot bag haha.
  16. Gillette Lorekeeper

This was already suggested by others back in December 2023.
    Collection Item Consolidation | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

My response is still the same:
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Bilderov Augur

It would depend on the mission - if it's one set for T2 group-based stuff, then I'd rather have the collectibles - they're effectively available to everyone where a one-off mission that many people couldn't even complete is not the best use of their time.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

I hate collections myself. My collection suggestion is ignore them for a few years and do your Overseer, get the collect items and stockpile em till next level raise. Turn em all in and watch the levels fly by.
    Bilderov likes this.
  19. Grove Augur

I have just one account but collect for ten characters. One thing I do early in an expansion is create a paper spread sheet in Excel. Characters across and collectable title and component down. Each zone on a separate page. (Actually, it takes two pages for most zones.) I fill in the square on the printed sheet with a check mark when the character collects the piece. I have a "pecking order" for distribution that I stick to most of the time unless the character collecting is short on inventory space and can use the item themself.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I collect them all with one character (she has the Spirit of the Lost) and then parcel them to the next most important alt, collect it and left overs go to the next alt and then the next etc.

Once I reach the last character then they go put them in houses for future characters or to sell in baz.

This might not be the best way since I have 5 houses set up alphabetically for collects. :oops:
    Rijacki likes this.