Talk about T3 raids upcoming

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Knifen Augur

Done responding, you dont want help, you just like to regurgitate same bad info in different order and complain about a game you dont play.
  2. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

You do know there is a massive difference in most of these people in these guilds who put in 110% effort to being better than most than the average casual player? Gear helps yes, but put these top end plays in group gear and they will still shine above others.. but on the note of LS names.. my necro at 121 no raid gear, NoS group geared did all quests and 4 of the nameds I seen up with just a healer merc.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

Nice, why can't a tank merc and healer merc, handle it?
    Necro pet and healer merc?

But a tank merc with healer dies?

Why?
    Whats the deal with tank + healer tank merc cannot survive?

This ticks me off a lot, tank merc, cannot outdo a necro pet.
    Just survive, simple as that. Just survive without being in panic mode.

Solo, beating a duo, because don't have a necro pet to tank and I'm stuck with tank merc that gets destroyed.

I don't need any lecture, tank merc is destroyed. Period. Can lecture me all you want, its not gonna change the fact the tank merc is getting destroyed. Of course the mob is slowed, debuffed. Tank merc is getting with T1 named slowed/debuffed. Period. No lecture gonna change that. How you think I got this far?

Even if they buff tank merc and I can finally do T1 nameds. Doesn't change the fact I want to see harder raids. Especially Tier 3. Its the final tier, shouldn't be many guilds beating it especially day 1.

You do beta, you see what every guild can handle.

Now on live, add extra stuff, take away 1 thing every week. Until it is in the state you know everyone beat since they did it in beta.
    In an AGILE way, you could ask the community, so this gonna away after this week, what you think.
    "keep it I like this mechanic it makes the raid fun, its not the reason why we are holding an L on these raids, its that other mechanic"
  4. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Do you even raid? You also know not every guild beats these raids like this right?? So if raids are harder for the top end the bottom end has 0 chance, gives up and quits.

You also still have not told me what server you play on and character name.

What classes do you use with this duo you talk about not being able to do names? I’m gonna try the same setup, I’ll even video it and post it to show it’s doable with that
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Anjanax Journeyman

I give up, you moan about things without even giving what classes you use as a duo, moaning about full raids of 54 players with maxed gear from the last expansion beating up raids and you arent even playing with a full group and want nameds to fall dead to your feet.

Just go to a game like Hello Kitty where you can get happy.
  6. Ozon Augur

I mean, if you have to ask why a Necro, Necro pet, and healer merc can beat a T1 named, while you (what class are you again, some healer?), and Tank merc cannot. The short answer is DPS, the long answer is Necro is a healer for their pet, and then they have ANOTHER healer, and then they have DPS.

You have low DPS, and a healer?
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Of course, the ones that want to beat it beat it.
    20+ guilds beaten it day 1, so yes not, just 20+.
    Top end is 20+ guilds? Thats a lot of people at the top.
    like what over 50% at the top?

Don't matter what class I play, tank merc dies even with 1 healer merc, period.
    I could be any class tank is gonna die period.

It's like the game designs the mercs so you gotta 3 box.
    Really?

Can't solo, can't duo, gotta 3 box.
    I suppose if your a necro you can solo, but if your not playing a necro, outta luck.
    Suppose I should use an alternate persona go necro and spend months just to get back to 120s, and what not.

This game is good at time wasting, I'm not really a fan of that, and whats ironic is,
    raids, 10-20 min T1 all of it done. No time wasted in raiding.
    But casual content. Months Years of work just so I can do T1 nameds.
    All because tank merc just isn't good enough for 1 merc, I need 2, and maybe isn't even good enough. Maybe the tank just is bad.

Its not like I'm doing a dungeon its not like im in T3. This is T1 nameds. Suppose to be a joke or doable at least. Tank merc, just can't handle it.
    This really starts from TBL expansion. RoS is doable, without much panic. Maybe in era RoS undoable.

Casual content T1, needs a serious looking as in tone it down, just like T3 raids, too easy.
    Both need serious looking.
  8. Xandos New Member

Well there are Multiple Ways how to have an Easier Time in LS Tier 1 Zones including doing the Nameds, first Like Anja said:
    A really Easy way to do that would be to run Griklor like once or twice a Day, hes Soloable with a Wizard at 125, heres a Video of how i did it, not max AA, and in Full LS Tier 1 - 2 Gear and even having some Level 100 Gear like Rings and co:

there you can get Tons of Augments and also Currency for Type 5 Augments, as for why, Augments help a Ton in getting Tougher and doing more Damage. (not really for Healing if you are a Cleric, but oh well more Hp = Better i guess)
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Torment_of_Velious_Augments

Thats what i did when i was Back Gearing my Warrior and the Wizard, because its better having Bad Augements than non at all.

So even if you only have ToV Augments as your Worst in any Slot it would still bring you around 1k AC, aswell as lots of Spell Damage and co.

Another Thing to look at is if your Mercs are set Up Proberly, as in, is the Tank Merc set to Agressive and as Main Tank, and is the Healer Merc set on Reactive, it will Help lots with Healing and the Survivability of them, atleast it did for me.

And about Raiding beeing Easy, it depends, Natuarally its Easy if you have a Full Force with enough Healers, ADPs, DPS and Tanks and doing around 75 Mil DPS, but if you only have 35 Mains and like 10 Boxes, around 25 Mil DPS, around 4 Cleric and 2 Shamans Raiding is still Hard, because if 1 Person up, its a lot of Stress to Recover from that, so it also depends on the Raid Force if its easy or not.

And about not finding Groups, which would make all the content so much Easier, i can just recomand searching for a Family Guild / Casual Guild. In my Experience, if i am in a Casual Guild i just have to ask and find 90% of the Time a Group, so im not LFG and have Fun, because lets be Honest, if you are Alone, you get nothing Dead, or if you do it will Take lots of Time, and its way faster and more fun in a Group :)

Well and as a last Point, what Helped me Tremendously with Playing my Wizard was looking up a Guide for it, even though it was Targeted towards Raiding and not towards Group Content, the Spell Set-Up and knowhow still works wonders in Group settings. So shoutout to Sancus
    Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dMoeKiLCnY9yg-3wsOTonF_oJYUKM9NpkRxSB6I4Rgc/edit

And if you are deciding to go search for a Guide or dont know where to Search just ask in the Forum theres lots of Peeps out here willing to Help, and even if its Old, for most Classes nothing much changed :)

Thats all i have to say to that i guess :D
    uberkingkong likes this.
  9. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

well at first it was to help you and stop you , but now its to show you that a merc tank and healer along with your two classes can do t1 names to prove you are a idiot..

You are just here to annoy people and have no valid input into anything worthwhile.

Mercs where also not put into the game to replace the need of other people, they where placed in the game to fill gaps in groups until a real person comes along. they work to a degree but should not be relied upon for all gameplay.
  10. Allayna Augur

Because you cannot block the absolute trash that a healer merc spams on a tank merc. You cannot block spells on mercs. So your healer merc (dumb AI) continues to spam HoTs and Promised line on a tank merc, something that should be getting spammed with remedy.

Pets can have crap spells blocked, as can players. Your downfall is relying not on 1, but 2 mercs for the CORE of your group, both the tank and the healer.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

This is what I want for T3 upcoming raids.
    We all know they gonna be easy, so I'd like see mechanics this in EQ.

- Jump backwards like 600 feet and then frontal AE, AE DOT burning dmg. quick 1 second to jump back and 1 second to cast.
    - Double Whirlwinds that are deadly especially if you eat all of it. 2 seconds to cast. They move the player backwards and float.
    - Charging giant ball reigning down, 2000 AE range of where shot lands at 2 seconds to cast
    - Ground slam, very deadly talking about 800k AE 2000 radius 2 seconds to do something. Also you lose all your buffs.

visuals, visuals
    not no text the boss the ground pound. visuals
    visuals visuals

Move move move move move move

When's the last time where there was a raid where everyone be dying all the time, rezzing, keep rezzing, keep zerging.
    Thats old days of EQ raids.
    Dying is part of the raid.

Mechanics that move players around. Fear. Float. Gravity.

It's Tier 3 raids, the final frontier. GO all out difficulty. Don't hold back.
    No one is looking for easy 1st day beaten all of it, Tier 3.
    Tier 3 is the final, its suppose to be tough. GO all out. Seriously

Lastly,
    Plop the Spiroc Lord after 15 seconds of music sometime when the T3 final raid boss is at 30% or less but before 15%.
    This music plays before the Spiroc Lord, so you have to listen to know when hes spawning. You don't wanna be dogpiled up when he spawns.

It does a dash twice bard speed and if you happen be in the dash you instantly die.
    The way to do that mechanic, listen to the beat and whenever you hear the high note that's when the dash is coming. The dash goes through people, so many people die if so.
    On top of that, when the catchy beat happens, that means another is spawning.

Audio audio, visuals visuals.
    Stop it with text text text.

So basically the last 30% you have to deal with instant death dashing Spiroc Lord.
    [IMG]

You have time, there is time before the T3 raids are released, you can do something about the current easymode T3 raids. Gut says so, do it, do it!

If people aren't scrambling, like its utter chaos, the final raid, the final raid. Disappointment, if everyone is not scrambling around.
  12. Lubianx Augur

Tough is fine, what you are explaining is not.

Firstly you cannot put 1 or 2 second do this or that. You have many people with various different pings. Whilst someone may do it in one second, that person who has a slower ping has 0 chance. You are penalising people with older PCs and those in other countries.

Visuals, HELL NO!!!!!

A lot of people raid with as little as they can so they can reduce the lag, not to mention the current DX11 issues. People are also colour blind as mentioned in another thread and already having issues. The last thing I want is my entire screen covered in visuals.

Rezzing and zerging was a lot easier than mechanics currently. Mentioning this just makes your post more ridiculous than it is.

In relation to the moving around, there are a lot of the lower guilds ranked around 15-20 that do move around a lot and have deaths. Our raid alliance finished around 18th on Tier 2. We actually wiped on one of the events but changed a thing or 2 and won. Just because some of the higher guilds can outDPS mechanics doesn't mean all do
  13. Anjanax Journeyman

Just let the thread die.. UKK is either trolling or jealous.
  14. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Have you considered making friends? If raiding is so easy, go do it. The people in the guild you join will likely do group content as well.

Suggestion: Don't talk in guild chat the way you write these posts.

Either play the game as it was intended (with a group of other people - not the LFG red herring - no one has used that on live in many years yet somehow we manage to get things done), develop the skills to box, switch to a soloable class, or go spend your time annoying some other online community.
    Fenthen, Jack and Allayna like this.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

T3 raids still upcoming, still got time to discuss about them.

T1 25+ guilds beat day 1 T2 20+ guilds beat day 1

Currently the trend is too easy. 20 guilds day 1?
    Thats a lot that beat it in beta, they already know the one trick pony easy mechanic and how to beat it.

Thats sad.

Mechanics I'd like too is emote phase
    Simon says phase, you got 3 seconds to do the emote.
    Everyone gets a different emote they gotta do it.

RANDOM order of emotes, specific to each person

/dance
    /wave
    /bounce
    /eye
    /growl

emote phase I think would be difficult for the EQ raiders to do.
    especially every 30 seconds.
    STOP
    emote time
    you mess up one big AE DoT nuke immediately
    if you try to cure oops you missed the next emote
    people around trying to cure or something, oops they missed the emote too.
    wipe time

Simple!!!! just do the emote, simple so simple whats wrong with you all. How are we failing simple phase.

Emote phase will make watching it youtube more enjoyable thats for sure.
    Lets make it happen. Lets see it in T3 raids.
    Got time. Got time. Plenty of time to do it!

Laurion Song, its a emote, dancing expansion. Nobody dancing. Nobody emoting.
    shame.

trolling? only trolling is 20+ guilds beating T2 day 1.
    digustingly easy, think of the founders of EQ are thinking. The core vision of EQ of those developers that created this game are thinking. Day 1 all raids beaten. They must be shaking their heads.

Time for change time to make those core EQ developers proud.
    emote phase is a quick an easy way to stomp a lotta of these raid guilds. It aint hard to beat either, do your emotes 100% every 30 seconds.
  16. Randel Flag Elder

i hope this ignore thing works
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is so T1 raids. :rolleyes:

We have similar emotes like that to do to Bristlebane in Mischief, while throwing a hot potato around and playing rock, paper, sissors, while dealing with white and black jesters!

Oh I forgot the AEing rabbits!

That raid is crazy, but by far my fav this expansion.

Not looking forward to Heros Forge raid, the mission was bad enough. :eek: Final Furge wasn't too bad, just lots of minis who want my mana! Can't remember the 3rd which is never a good sign. It might the be run around like headless chickens in Nokk, while avoiding catapolt missiles.
    Jack likes this.
  18. Jack Elder

I LOVE THIS RAID!! It can get crazy at times. It can be a breeze. I was SO excited after seeing it for this expansion. And then I saw the rest of the raids and was just meh. Now, if the lag didn't have me almost in first person looking at the ground so I can even get a few casts off it'd be amazing!
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Pickter New Member

This guy definitely knows how to keep the forums alive with these posts all I can do is laugh. Using a Palworld video for reference to this old game is hilarious.

I imagine he wakes up and brushes his teeth with doctor pepper and after his second bowl of sugar free cheerios he begins to write in his journal on how bad EQ is. Lo