Noooooo!!!!! Angeliana!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HerdingCats, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Also does not at all work with 2 accounts logged on. I used to play with sound on, and then computers were able to run 2 accounts at a time and Plane of Knowledge got real super annoying.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. uberkingkong Augur

Exactly Exactly.

Notice all the excuses you know why? Because its challenging.
    Of course you can do it, more effort in raids, no more just showing up and steamroll, actually do effort.
  3. Razorfall Augur

I thought this was a thread that Angeliana was gone at first. I guess I can put my pitchfork away

for now :p
    KarmaKitty, Nennius and Angeliana like this.
  4. Razorfall Augur

I think it would create accessibility issues for D/HH folks.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

This is a pros and cons issue.
    Every other video game, they don't do disability stuff. There is disability apps to help you as well.

Do you see other popular games doing disability catering? Like cant can't stand lights can't spinning etc. Nope
    If you got a disability use apps that help with your disability.

To maximize the fun you need everything. Morrowind, in combat music. Hence what I mentioned,
    “Nah EQ needs more music and audio fights.
    Dancing fights.”
    boss music, fights that are based off audio.
    ESO, Dragonknight doing a ultimate flying attack

See that, screen shakes, audio, you know its coming listen.

It's not GINA reading text
    "your screen shakes"
    "boss is flying attack"

It's 2024, not 1999 anymore.
    Use audio, visuals, etc.
    Get with the program its 2024, EQ1 is behind in a lot.
    31st expansion should be 90% catching up time in mechanics and stuff,
    10% new zones and quests.
    A lot of catching up is needed, EQ pros and cons vs a modern MMORPGs
    pros nothing, cons huge list.

54 people fights? other games they have 100+ people boss fights, con for EQ.

boss music, check
    audio cues check (the floating platforms you hear them appearing)
    cinematics check
    boss does a lot of things check
    visuals check
    so many others things EQ doesn't do check
    Allllllso, see the map, interactive map, modern day map.
    That game, tons of exploring its all about exploring too, yet they provide good map, useful map.
    Tags, commander tags, EQ doesn't have.
    EQ doesn't do open world events, called meta events. Doesn't have, con for EQ.
    Its all boxing and what not, boxing isn't really a pro.
    cosmetics, nice looking armor and what not, tons of them in the cash shop, actually worth buying too, real nice ones, they do real nice stuff cosmetics and put it in shop. EQ theres really nothing in the shop armor wise that is good, worth buying the EQ shop is junk I don't even check. That game, I check because stuff is worth looking at and considering.
    Movement, is smooth, just jump its smooth jumping, not like EQ where its delayed or something, 1999 jump never touch never modernized, 1999 delay jumping. outdated movement. 1999.

You gotta do a bunch of stuff before it too. So its like an hour. Just for 1 fight. You don't always win too. 100+ people. More things to do than dogpile eat whatever and facetank.
    Not like EQ where you clear the entire raid tier in less than an hour, do all the boss fights less than an hour.
    Con for EQ.

pros? 30 expansions? is that a pro really 30 expansions and you don't have the simple expected of an MMORPG mechanics?
    dodgeroll breakbars, screenshakes, audio, visuals, meta events, mounts with abilities, flying mounts, underwater mounts, cutscenes, cinematics, etc etc etc.
    yet 30 expansions?

yeah 30 expansions doesn't mean anything, con.
    Remember EQ had openworld raid bosses? Current day MMOs have open world raid bosses, so for EQ con.

If LoY was a catching up with mechanics compared to other games.
    EQ needs another LoY, its missing A LOT LOT of mechanics. 31st expansion should be about catching up, modernizing EQ.
    You already took away most of the nostalgia, corpse runs, open worlds bosses etc, EQ isn't EQ but it isn't modern either, its an oddball, not in a good way too.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

Doh! This popped up and I thought based on the title it was the new thread for burger wars.
    Nennius and Angeliana like this.