Why do collectibles stack to 100?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Only because the devs choose not to make it so.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Having Devs waste time on "stacking" issues is not a winning bet.

In fact they need a huge sign placed over every office and cubicle.... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree...lots of other more important things to worry about.

But, on the other hand, we're not talking about having to write all new code from scratch. We're talking about changing a value from 20 or 100 to 1000. That's intern work.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

Sorry, the interns are all busy playing WoW....
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea they should just make them lore! ;)
  6. error Augur

I mean, you can easily find more than 20 of one collectible while going for all the collectibles in a set.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

This will blow your mind but some things stack to 1000.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice to free up the guild bank.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

If a guild bank already has 100 of a collectible...why would you keep putting that collectible in the guild bank? Guild bank has a finite number of slots.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was responding to the suggestion of a collectable depot that others could use.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They had that problem solved in Seeds of Destruction with Tavid Dennant. EQ has this constant cycle of solving problems, and then ignoring those solutions.
    Nennius and Yinla like this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

i would like them to be 1000 myself I remember having over 100 and put some in the guild house , later that guild house was robbed. glad I did not put them all in it.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Brickhaus Augur

You mean EQ has a habit of creating bad solutions and moving on from them. The Tavid Dennant solution was poor. They finally realized how labor intensive it was for both developer and player when they allowed the same storage for the cultural tradeskill patterns. So they wisely moved away from it.

You can say that the Dragon's Hoard and Tradeskill Depot are refinements of that system and the flawed guild bank system. Neither new system is that great, but at least the interface is graphical in nature, unlike the SoD system.