Extended Server Downtime - Antonius Bayle - February 20, 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Missiny, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Missiny Journeyman

maybe tomorrow?
  2. strongbus Augur

based on the post form darkpaw. it starts at 8pm pst. its 8 am pst atm so bout nother 12 hours.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It said 5am CET on Tuesday which was 11 hours ago
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That was due to a mistake in time zone conversion and it has since been updated so there is about 12 hours left.

5. Captain Video Augur

Sadly, some of the hamsters did not survive the journey. They have to wait until the family makes new ones, which should take about another 12 hours.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which isn't going to be a lot of use when you've rearranged your day so you can play tomorrow morning instead of this morning. :rolleyes:

Silmple time conversion that those of us in Europe do every month at least once and EQ employees cannot do it!
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Mistakes happens and in this case when what they posted was two different dates/times I wouldn't blindly trust that they did the date conversion correctly. Not sure how you took the dates but when I saw the first version it seemed clear to me that the date on the conversion was wrong as CET is ahead of PST not behind it as the conversion indicated.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I read CET and converted it to my time from there. Had I used the converter they suplied it would have converted to the same time. After reading the first time why would I bother checking the second?

Had the first time been in PST it would have been picked up, but it wasn't and I'm sure many others in Europe didn't look at any other time posted and worked off the first time zone posted.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because they are based in PST and they have had issues with time conversions in the past? It is always a good idea to read the entire downtime post to make sure you catch everything. In the original post the PST time immediately followed the CST time and should have been easy to catch.
  10. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

My apologies, time zones are hard. :( The post has been fixed.
    Missiny and Nennius like this.