Times in official anouncements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iuwene, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Iuwene Augur

Can we please, please, please get times in UTC ?

The current post about the upcoming downtime on AB is completely screwed up:

First, the year is wrong. Then AB did NOT come down at 5 am CET on Feb 20th.
    8pm PT on Feb 20th would be 5am CET on Feb 21th !

So can we expect AB come down on Wednesday morning EU time or what ?

Does anyone check theses postings at all for any kind of plausibility ?

Come on, guys and gals... Timezones are no quantum physics.
    cadres and Alba like this.
  2. Alba New Member

It doesn't bode well for the server move if they can't even get the dates/times correct :rolleyes:
  3. Nomeus New Member

But if it's Tuesday in California, then it must be Tuesday everywhere else in the world, right?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What?

So AB is up today?
  5. cadres Augur

Can we please please get stuff like this on in-game calendar?
    And keep the calendar updated?

The calendar would be useful if it was accurate - but it's still telling us we had a patch last week - and we didn't... it doesn't mention today's downtime or tomorrow's (alleged?!) patch

People organise time of work etc around EQ availability and this is just a complete mess.

Yes AB is currently up (1.30pm UK time) - but (again - grr) there's no info about what's actually happening :(
  6. Iuwene Augur

My guess is Angeliana wanted to be nice to us Europeans and tried to convert downtime to our timezone, but missed the fact that she crossed midnight by doing so.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. chronicler Augur

How will that influence patch + server down, longer down than the 24 hours ?
  8. Iuwene Augur

Your guess is as good as mine...

They probably can't patch AB while it is on the move. So one likely scenario is they bring up AB at the new location, sooner or later notice that they still have to patch it and bring it down again to patch. As the move will take 24 hours that would be earliest Thursday morning but more likely afternoon. So with chance AB will be available on Thursday night again.

But all that is speculative, based on past experience.

On the other hand we have no info so far if there is a patch at all tomorrow.
  9. fransisco Augur

twice so far! :p
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure adding items or fixing items on the calendar require a patch which is why the incorrect patch time didn't get fixed.
  11. Anjanax Journeyman

Easiest way to fix AB right now would be to never bring it up again. So they don't need find any excuses why they can't fix it.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I guess all went well and they turned it off at one place and on at another in a matter of hours :)
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

You think they know it's leap year?
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Don't be silly, expect the servers down on 29th Feb. :p
  15. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

My apologies, time zones are hard. :( The post has been fixed.