Rogue ability line "Blinding Glint / Brilliance" causing issues for Pet Class groups

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by equina, Feb 18, 2024.

1. equina New Member

The Rogue ability "Blinding Glint" and "Blinding Radiance" is meant to stun and blind the target. But it is also causing a "Mez" effect each time used. In theory, this is fine ... but when there are Pets in the Group (Specifically Magician Pets and Swarms) the Mez effect causes the Pets to leave the fight, multiple times during the battle. NOT good, especially when the Magician pet is in fact the Main Tank!

Solution 1, obviously would be for the Rogue to stop using the "Blinding" line of Abilities ... but that's asking a Class to stop being as effective in Combat

Solution 2, and the better solution is for the Ability to do only what it says "Stun and Blind the target", instead of a brief MEZ.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Resume.

"I will resume attacking mesmerized targets when they awake, Master."
    kroag, Silvena and Brickhaus like this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Ignore flavor text. Always look at what the ability/spell is actually doing.

The Blinding line never actually states in the Combat Abilities description that it is blinding (although the flavor message does). And I'm just not sure how you got stun out of any of the text involved with the ability line.

The line is a rogue mez. It has always been a rogue mez. There are many, many rogues who would be upset with you if you changed the line to blind/stun (especially since stun works on far fewer mobs).
    Silvena and Allayna like this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Tell your rogue to take it out of his spamkey lineup.
    Kaenneth, Raccoo, Barton-Vox and 2 others like this.
  5. Silvena *poke*

You're not my supervisor.

Kidding. Trying to figure out why that'd be in a spam key. I personally think some rogue is just being snarky. Or OP and the rogue just didn't understand the ability line.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah, leave this ability alone please. It's not supposed to be used as a spam ability.
    Raccoo and Silvena like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

I would ask the rogue to stop using it. Pulling all the pets off for a few rounds of combat is a bigger detriment than the small gain of using it.
    equina likes this.
  8. Knifen Augur

Yes please dont mess with our mez spells, I rely on those to mez lock adds when 2 boxing. Just dont use it when not supposed to and remove from hot keys.
    fransisco and Raccoo like this.
  9. equina New Member

I'll consider this "resolved" ... what I thought was a Bug, appears to actually be an Ability working as intended, but used at the wrong time. Appreciate the feedback !!!
    Silvena likes this.