Discord

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by apewty, Aug 16, 2023.

1. apewty New Member

Why is the Official Discord asking for my password? Seems not legit, even though all the channels appear legit. I can't seem to find anything about it here on the search.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This is Discord.IO (Not Discord), but there it is.

More security seemed like a good idea considering.
  3. apewty New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm still not sure how a hack of a third party website (not Discord proper) BEFORE I joined the server would require me to input a password, but I guess it is what it is.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I got some thing weird but one pc has an ID issue for some reason I have two discord names and it askes me what one I want to use and then password.
  5. KrishnaRamChandra New Member

what is discord please;)
    Iven likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Google is your friend. Its just another place to post.

Please don't use colored print for the forums :)
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe because they made everyone make a new name a few months ago and the browser is stuck with your old one also.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Discord is the devil, Guilded FTW!!!!
  9. Spellweaver Journeyman

Cant seem to join the official discord says something about verifying my id by phone yet i can join other discord servers just fine
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

It's a cesspool, you really don't want to go there. If Absor were still around, he would have Smashed™ a couple times by now, like he did with the first two original iterations of the official forums.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When did he leave?
  12. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Absor is still around. We wouldn't have raids without him.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thank you.

That's what I thought. Him leaving would be a huge impact that would have been heard around the world!
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Other servers might not have their security settings turned up like we do.
    Aiona likes this.
  15. Spellweaver Journeyman

Well thats fine but how do i get in the server? I Send the verification code to but cant join the server
  16. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Please feel free to DM me in Discord (You might need to add me as a friend: Angeliana) so we can get this sorted for you.
  17. Spellweaver Journeyman

Ok i believe i sent you a friend request
    Angeliana likes this.
  18. Spellweaver Journeyman

Hey Angeliana, I Reached out to Discord about the Official EQ2 Server that i can't get on their response was to vague honestly so I Don't know what to do.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Absor doesn't use Discord :D
  20. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

You obviously don't know your history. The Absor reference was because twice he shut down past iterations of the forums with a famous "Absor Smash!" comment. Of course he doesn't use the official discord, he's not with the company anymore. However, the server definitely could use an Absor Smash!