2024 TLP Idea "Season of Echoes"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ISupportGuilds, Feb 16, 2024.

1. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

Key feature all raids will have an optional "Echo Mode".

When Echo is selected all raid bosses will have an Echo of themselves that must be fought at the same time.

ie. 2 Naggy, 2 Vox, etc..

In early expansions it wont matter be to much of a roadblock but will still change raid comp and planning.

Basic lock outs cant do either version but not both.

To help with the difficulty bump enable focus effects from the start. We haven't been able to use focus effects since 2018 and Corniav and it totally changes gearing and Dkp/loot choices.

The echo will drop loot and award a title "Echo slayer of Nagafen" so that its rewarding and a possible flex.

Opinions?
    jeskola likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Those raids provide little challenge to begin with, how exactly would facing two of them at once change things?
  3. Cuzon Elder

Something like this would really only work on the earliest bosses in the game since they are basically tank and spank. Once you start getting scripts added to the bosses having 2 going at a time just wouldn't work.
  4. Krizem Augur

Anyone remember the 2 x Cazic Thule spawn bug happening? Think it was Phinny or Mangler. Loads of Death Touch fun.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Double the little challenge is still harder and everyone loves more loot
  6. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

In regards to the early bosses providing little increase in difficulty, while true, we haven't seen if the normal setups would work. Like can tank positioning still work the same with 2, AoE's can get out of sync and of course having to sacrifice DPS for more healers will make the fights just inherently slower there for having more opportunity for a mistake. Also you need easy hard mode fights to make other hard more fights more rewarding.

With later expansion with scripts etc, thats why they can choose regular or echo. You may think certain things are impossible and most likely have way more knowledge then me. But dangle a challenge in-front of certain people and amazing things happen. Look at Tetris its 35 years old and things what were impossible back then are now beaten.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Having double the mobs might technically make it harder but I don't see how this would provide any extra challenge that is meaningful for the amount of work that would be needed.
  8. Agonybot2 New Member

I think this idea would work better if the Echo version spawned like 30-60 seconds after the normal version, and it is actually harder... but most importantly, I want Focus Effects to come back because that made the game fun. Having to wait like 6 months to get the only thing that really helps make casters feel like gearing up actually helps outside of HP/MP/AC...

It feels so good to get those hot Melee items and your dps skyrockets... I know the argument that Casters in EQ are already strong af even nekkid but feeling the effects of Improved Damage on a wizard is so tasty.
  9. Psalmz Elder

So, for the bosses you can pull separate this might be fun. The rooted bosses would be difficult to maybe impossible. How long would two Lady Nevederia's take to kill with overlapping ae's? If the Vulak'Aerrs' breath attacks were not on the same timer I'd guess they would be impossible.

If the OP meant spawning the copy AFTER the original died, then it's just a duration issue. Do you have enough mana etc. Not as much of a challenge then.
  10. jeskola pheerie

That's very subjective. You basically said "you are right bro but I need to continue grasping at straws so here are some words".
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I disagree and don't see how adding a second boss to those early raids would make them more challenging. Raids don't need anywhere near the raid cap to do those raids and it would be a simple matter of splitting into two forces with each one taking one of the bosses. All this would do is allow raid forces to combine two split raids into a single one to get it done with less hassle.
    jeskola likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Two bosses in top of each other isn't the same as a split raid. Double AE etc. it's not the best idea but to disregard the idea entirely wouldn't be accurate either.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't change the fact that those raids are very easy and will still be very easy.
  14. jeskola pheerie

So three at a time
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is just making it an even sillier idea.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Random loot was silly
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It still makes more sense then just increasing the number of raid bosses that you fight especially since the impact it will have could be larger or smaller depending on each raid.
  18. jeskola pheerie

You are a genius tbh. Scaling boss quantity based on raid size.