planetside sold?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

cite?
    Not finding anything except links to forum posts.
    And its DPG not DBG
  2. Emilari UI Designer

He's probably talking about media reports like This from MMORPG. It's not widely being circulated, but a couple of media outlets have articles.
    mercury890 likes this.
  3. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

Start messing with?.....Dark days are here...That last patch was a complete debacle. Pressured to release their DX patch,,, knowingly and in spite of the problems seen in Beta,,,SMH,,, they release it anyway...I can say one hand is definitely not talking to the other and key peeps are not reading and/or are not aware of this screw up.
    Definitely not reading the forums,,,, Nobody is addressing the problems and players with even the newest systems are having issues and they are not being fixed. People making changes to their systems screwing things up ...Not good... Things as simple as tabbing out to desktop are gone making it impossible to multibox...Mercenaries armor all dark, stuttering,,,too many to name in the scope of this post,,, Heck just read the forums!!! What are we paying for again?
    Many, not just me but my guildies and others I know in game stopped paying full acess.. I am sure across the board many stopped paying for full access, So once they feel the 4th straight quarterly loss in revenue don't act surprised if heads roll for not being forthright to begin with. Yea,,, Dark days are upon us.
    /Bow
    <Stepping off soapbox>

Kittikill. 21 year player,,,,
  4. Febb Augur

What a drama queen. While things got rushed out and needs some fixes, the bugs are being worked on.
    Anguisette, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  5. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

And revert!
    Sidenote: I don't think JChen is aware of what's going on with this bird nest that has been created... and is going to be blindsided and really upset when the first quarter losses come out..
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Come on, it's easy. Let me give you an example.

if (Name == Bigstomp) {
    godmode = true
    }
    Tell your devs, they should implement my pseudocode.

(and yes, I realize the example is wrong depending on language, just humor it)
    Sprooce and Grove like this.
  7. Grove Augur

Back from "I talk Basic to my Apple" --
    If
    Then
    OldTimeEQ1 and mercury890 like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The bugs from the UI debacle in March last year or the ones from this patch or........
    mercury890 likes this.
  9. ttobey Developer

We are (fortunately for us, unfortunately for you) all still here.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Your hot take on the classic Froglok models is truly unfortunate.
  11. ttobey Developer

Truly.
    bbanz and Metanis like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is there a recipe for spicy froglok legs?
    mercury890 likes this.
  13. Febb Augur

Who all got pink slips? Because I don't think anyone at EQ was touched.
    Anguisette and mercury890 like this.
  14. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

I think all of them are gone... Mainly because all I see on these forums are players trying to figure out what the heck is going on...
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It is not part of developers, designers, programmers, and artists jobs to post on the forums or even read them. That is why they have a community manager. Some of them do read and post on the forums directly when they have spare time but otherwise it is the job of the CM to aggregate issues for internal discussion and manage the forums. If the others were spending all their time on the forums, they wouldn't be doing their jobs.
    Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  16. Captain Video Augur

It might be worth noting that the DCUO CM, who was also the senior CM overseeing all the other CMs, was laid off.
  17. Scila Augur

So I don't know about anybody else, but yeah I would want somebody proficient in word. Excel, etc. is simply part of the suite.

Why, let me explain this as simply as I can. Proposals, procedures, documentation. Somebody on each team is responsible for those things. It probably rotates. Do you want them written on a screen format by the artists? I'm sure they would give it a good shot and love it.

There is so much more that goes on for a team than simply what we see when we log in.
    Tarvas and Rijacki like this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Emilari, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  19. Anguisette Chaotic Evil

DCUO was in the Dimensional Ink (DIG) Studio, which is under Daybreak (DBG), not Darkpaw (DPG).

It was mostly contained to DCUO, but CS and a few others were hit (none in Darkpaw that I've heard of).

Mepps was a Senior CM, just like Angeliana is. They do not oversee anyone, they just have more experience being CM's than their non-Senior counterparts.
    Angeliana likes this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I decided to try PlanetSide 2 since it is currently included in All Access and I was looking for a FPS similar to Destiny 2.

I was quite disappointed in my quick look.