What does you guild use for loot distribution?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Windance Augur

I'm curious what loot system folks are using.

Q1: What system are you using?

Q2: What are the pro's and con's?

Q3: What changes would make it better?
  2. Windance Augur

- We use a fixed price, zero sum system. Each items price is set at the start of the expansion. The person who has the most DKP wins. The cost is subtracted from their DKP total and distributed to each member at that raid. Example: if an item is 5000 DKP, the winner pays 5000 DKP, and if there were 50 people at the raid, each earns 100 DKP. You can bid and win while negative DKP, in fact roughly half the guild should be positive points, half negative.

Pro:
    - Its open, traceable, not subjective, no drama, can't really be "gamed"

Con:
    - It slows down with the number items to bid on.
    - Breaks down if no one buys items (T1 vs TS)

- I'd make a post asking what other folks are using and if they like it.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

All FV guilds use a loot council, scooping chest contents and handling at the end of the night. Towards mid/end of the expansion some will begin just rolling off select loot right at the chest because no one is going to be asking for it: spells, ornaments, most T1 gear, and so on.

This is the way.
    FYAD likes this.
  4. Drakang Augur

People earn DKP for every 10 minutes they are in raid.
    Items are called out and people send bids in tells so its a blind bidding. People bid what an item is worth to them. They cannot bid more DKP than they have at the start of the raid.

Fair to all as even if people only raid occasionally they eventually can get loot.
    Some would like to raise their bid. But they just know to bid higher the next time.

None.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

A mixture between loot council, performance and attendance metrics.

Pro's are that if you perform you get loot, if you show up and are consistent you get loot, and if you under perform, you wait until those who can perform, get the essential items needed before you get anything. No con's IMO.

If they gave first dibs to Mages that start with the letter A? ;)
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

1. What system are you using?
      1. DKP awarded per time raided.
      2. Auction for dropped loot.
      3. Some loot transitions to /ran after it reaches ubiquity.
      4. Must be able to equip/use item immediately after winning it.
      5. Use an external web app to manage raid history, DKP balances, and the auction system.
    2. What are the pro's and con's?
      1. Pro: Agency. You earn the DKP. You choose how to spend it.
      2. Con: If you want something that you can equip right now, even if the raid would benefit more from someone else using that item now, you can still bid and win the item.
    3. What changes would make it better?
      1. The only things I would change is in the web-app. I'd like to see a little different organization to help manage multiple concurrent auctions (as a bidder) a bit more intuitively.
      2. I USED TO want to ensure that certain classes got the first "ores" for certain items to best benefit the raid as a whole (zerk 2-handers, rogue daggers, tank shields, healer necks, etc.). But after raiding enough expansions on night one, I've come to accept that if you're good enough to win without anyone having new expansion loot, then you don't need anyone to have a certain item so early. It's great if everyone can agree to it, but it might bring social strife within the ranks if everyone's not onboard... and that can lead to worse raid performance.
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

We use DKP, but the main difference is we use a custom service that one of our members developed to do all auctions, called Raidbuilder.

Mischief is a free-trade server, so the extreme majority of loot is tradable. We scoop it all up, and at the end of the night, people that attended bid on the raidbuilder site. It is much better than open dkp, it is blazing fast, and supports a lot of functions that opendkp could only dream of. For example, it can bid for you, automatically, with parameters that you set. It also has things such as wish-lists or filters for loot, so if you only want to see auctions for items that you are interested in, or for it to filter based on your class, it totally can. Opendkp also costs $10 a month, which isn't much, but considering how poorly it can run especially with a large volume of items, Raidbuilder being free, faster, and much better is just a win-win-win.

Blaston made a really great tool with Raidbuilder, but it seems he is a bit too humble when they talk about it.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Rolling 45-day DKP system, with fixed bids at 20/10/5/0 and attendance awarded every hour. Items don't have a value, so players bid at the cost level they want.

+ Moderately fair to both high and low RA members
    - Very custom, so finding a way to support it is difficult

A more purpose-built web solution would be nice. Unfortunately, the one we were using was created by someone that no longer plays EQ. We've mostly forced OpenDKP into the square hole of our system, but it's not ideal.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

We just set it to roll and good luck!
    jk
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

We toss a halfling and call heads or back side.
  11. GLOCCA New Member

12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Those are points given to members of a raid for stuff like showing up or depending on the raid they can give them out for other criteria.

It used to be called Dragon Kill Points but was shortened to just DKP.

The more points you have the more you can buy.
  13. Roxas MM Augur

we just rush the chest and loot whatever we can.
    Act of Valor and Nennius like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

In my guild loot goes by height, that rule always makes the gnomes and haflings surly.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  15. EagleTalon99 Elder

I haven't raided in decades, but I was in a casual raid guild. A springboard for players wanting to eventually join more hardcore raid guilds.

Don't remember the name anymore.

But I do remember only doing the hardest, most current expansion only 1 day a week (usually 3 targets on a given raid night), a LOT of loot was rotting by the time the next expansion rolled out.

The guild kinda used an odd format. They used 3 tiers to bid. If you had good attendance, you could keep tier 1. But winning an item dropped you a tier for 2 weeks, so going to tier 3 meant a month of attendance without a tier 2 win. (You could keep winning t3 round bids, but it wouldn't reset the 2 week wait to tier 2 round)

Rot loot didn't count. Rot loot either rotted or went to some random alt. Tribute didn't exist in the early days of Everquest.

Someone had to keep track of attendance though. Skipping raid nights was a ding against the wait period & the tier level.

Either way, it was a casual raid guild, not trying to be competitive.