Red Dragon Scales - Tower Collection Set

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalamos, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Nightops Augur

Just sayin... 300+ collects and not once did the guy think to check his bags or do an item find search? Even at 3 per min average, his determination ran his focus for over 2 hours without stopping to take 1 minute to type or search. That's some devotion to EQ.
  2. Kalamos Augur

Yes. As I said, I had moved these clickies to a specific bag to track them. Somehow I missed two that got into a different bag and were stacking up there. I was so sure I had managed to accomplish organizing them correctly it didn't even occur to me to check until I posted this thread. Do you recall when I referred to myself as "idiot" earlier? Maybe it was tunnel vision. I don't know .. I'll go with idiot.

Edit - To be fair to myself on the idiot thing, it probably didn't help that the icons for this set are identical. I would pick one up and just /autoinventory it. Since they're identical icons, I didn't have the benefit of possibly noticing a different color, or image or whatever on the cursor before dropping it in.
    Kaenneth and Tatanka like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of them do look similar to items in the game that are not collections in other collections also.

There are two special bags you can obtain in the game that are for collections only, I run mine in my second slot, then the tradskill bag and then general bags. Self sorts
  4. Herf Augur

They're there, but respawn time can be a bit slow if someone has been through recently. Look at the floors, on tables.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Look behind you if you go through a doorway or down stairs. Also look up. I'm hoping there aren't any in the lava 'cause they would be wicked hard to see, but in places with water there is usually at least one spot it can spawn in the water.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

There's only like 8 spawns in these zones up at a time. Blackburrow was similar, they're pretty infrequent with slow respawn timers. If one other person is also collecting them then you're just fighting each other.
  7. Herf Augur

Don't forget to check the many kobold passages to the other Sol in Naggys Lair. There are LOTS of spawn points in there.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I collected 8 full sets in the space of about 2.5 hours. I never found one in any lava, and the collect finding clicky never pointed to one.

Note, in Blackburrow (Jan collection), I did find some in the water.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The dev setting the spots did have a heart :)
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how does one get stat food to go so fast mine last a longtime when im playing my ranger? do you not have Jann's mask?
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nope. TBL progression was such a dumpster fire that I got bored with it and never finished. Never had interest in going back to do it.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Ah the two best items i have are jann's mask and the artisan prize aug.
  14. Herf Augur

The old school way to do it was to force feed yourself some non stat food and drink until you were full.

Also if you're riding a mount (or a large race) you use food faster.
    Andarriel likes this.
  15. Fistix New Member

Does anyone know what settings you need to see the details on the Year of the Darkpaw collects? All I see is a little red ball.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Some of them are 'on' carpets, but actually in them, making them very difficult to click, you have to keep clicking the visible object from many angles until it registers.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yeah, I have found some of those. But that's not as bad as in lava would have been.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

19. Crystalwynd New Member

Is this quest still available for us to do? Or was it a one time thing during the anniversary event dates only? Thanks!
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur