Guild ts depot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Feb 13, 2024.

1. blood & gufts Augur

What is the status for it ? it is over 1,25 year since it should come out
  2. fransisco Augur

It lives on in our hearts
    Tatanka and Hobs like this.
  3. blood & gufts Augur

Add 200 slots to all account ts for all who got TS depot
    Hobs likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Naw. The real value is being able to share stuff iwth others (whether your other accounts, or guild members). Guild bank is not nearly big enough to do all necessary tradesklill stuff PLUS all the guild stuff you want in there.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Had they put in the same amount of time and work on the guild TS depot as they did on personas, it would be in game by now.
    Fenthen, Tatanka and Hobs like this.
  6. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

just replace it with a guild collectable depot that can sort by expansion
  7. CdeezNotes Augur

While we are st it, can we get a fellowship shared bank?

Why you ask? I'm basically the official collection hunter in my fellowship and hand out stacks of them individually. A dumping place would be awesome that doesn't involve horrible guild housing.
    Hobs, Yinla and Zalkk - AB like this.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I’d recommend housing as a work-around for now. You can set the housing permissions to allow fellowships to deposit and take items.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. CdeezNotes Augur

I do. I hate it. Needing to zone to neighborhoods and drop things in there is such a waste of time and effort.

Can't drop stacks in there without selecting the amount, can't bulk drop entire bags, the travel time is terrible, the upkeep, the bugs, etc.

A shared fellowship bank would be fantastic. Will it happen? Probably not. They're too busy implementing buggy microtransactions.
    fransisco and KushallaFV like this.
  10. Gialana Augur

There are things I dislike about using housing for collectibles, too. It's annoying that they have to be listed alphabetically instead of by set. There are only some sets that alphabetic also groups the set together.

We actually can bypass the quantity selector when depositing or withdrawing items from housing. For depositing, select the stack in your inventory like normal but hold shift when you click whichever button to move the item into housing. This will move the whole stack.

Then to withdraw a single item, hold ctrl when you left click the Inventory button.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Will be available shortly after ship-to-ship combat!
  12. Allayna Augur

It'll be available with Champion's Oath and and the upgrade to Reaver's Bargain.
  13. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Sadly it was never a promised feature.
    Unless they can get it right however, its not worth implementing.

Personally I think anyone that contributes items to the guild bank should consider them a "gift" and ownership goes to the guild, or if it has to be a person, the guild owner, or leader (not always the same thing).

I remain hopeful that one day it will be available including an option for people to advanced loot send things to the depot. (a girl can dream.)
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not sure I would agree with that.

It was on the 2023 road map. In my book, that's a promised feature.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

But does not appear to be on the 2024 roadmap, unless I just missed it.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There's pretty much nothing on the 2024 road map. It's all things that happen every year anyway (event/holiday stuff), and YoDP monthly items. So, essentially, there's ONE thing on that road map: YoDP.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the personal TS depot having an exploit this year I'm not surprised it has gone by the wayside. There could also be a an issue giving permissions on who can and cannot use the guild depot.
    alanus likes this.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

The guild TS depot, according to the forum questers, was put into the "we hope to implement it, but it's not fully planned" section of the 2023 roadmap. Basically a make believe portion of the roadmap that means less than nothing. Guild TS depot was now replaced with "improve anti cheat measures." So we know how much effort is going to be put into anti-cheat enforcement :rolleyes: (none whatsoever if people didn't get the clue).

Basically, what I'm getting to is that it's meaningless fluff and those are things that aren't going to happen and shouldn't even be included on the roadmap. It's just misleading propaganda getting the hopes of the community up.
  19. CdeezNotes Augur

There are some prominent posters that would argue otherwise (I would know because I've discussed it ad nauseum with them already).

For what it's worth, I agree with you. You should include anything on a public yearly roadmap that you have no intention of delivering in that year. I'm not going to put something on my company's yearly self appraisal/goats in 2024 if I don't plan on doing it until 2028.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

This. The roadmap was just alot of different ways to say the tower and new tlp.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.