Mercs dropping because too many players

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Instead of mercs dropping, why not load the players into a /pick?

This disrupts our game play .. mercs dropping because too many players in the zone.

Soloing a namer and POOF.. merc vanishes at 3%?

Why would it be more important for players to zone in causing mercs to disappear.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Currently on test

Veteran_BetaTester and Tatanka like this.
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The Inn should’ve been its own hub zone with fast camp. I don’t know why they didn’t separate the zones.
    Metanis, Thunderkiks and Fenthen like this.
  4. Conq Augur

Seems like a perk to me.
    Conq
    alanus and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Madinye New Member

yes, this was a bone headed decision. Make a hub zone for raids and missions also in the zone with the most named spawns and then only let 30 people be there. Why not boot AFK players? Why put spell/gem/aug merchant in that same zone....in fact why not just make the hub in the Nexus....its pretty much a dead zone as it is.
    Metanis and Fenthen like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, I thought for a minute he was objecting to the update coming considering the timing of the post but now I think the patch was just misread.

They are fixing this so it doesn't happen
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Perk.. we shouldn't have to pay a perk for extra bag slots. Extra bag slots were features of an expansion. I'm not paying a perk for buffs timers.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Suggestion: have the door in PoTranqulity check if you are in an LS Expedition, if you are, pop up to ask if you want to go directly to the instance from PoT, skipping Inn zone entirely.
    Angahran likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Because having to zone more for no reason is so much fun?
  10. Angahran Augur

Also the placeable doors. Go directly from guildhall to instance.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Have the guild portal go to the hub/Inn zone (for merchants and NPCs), and have the personal/placeable clickies go to the Inn yard, or whatever you want to call it.

There, fixed...with same amount of zoning based on where you want to go.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You set the door in PoTranq to go to the Inn. Why is that a problem?
  13. Angahran Augur

So you want to zone more times?

PoTranq -> Inn -> Inn Yard?
  14. Angahran Augur

But why would you want to have to zone every time you want to go into/out of the Inn?

How about simply increase the number of players allowed in the zone?
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Most of the zone connections are inside the inn.