Why do collectibles stack to 100?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Bernel Augur

Is there a specific reason that collectibles to stack to 100 while pretty much everything else stacks to 20? I can see why things like tradeskill items stack higher than 20 since you need a lot of them, but collectibles you only use one of for your achievements. It seems like a stack of 20 would be more than enough for collectibles. The only reason I could think of is that it makes it easier to sell them, but then it seems like lots of other items should also stack to 100 if that was the case. Why do collectibles have the special distinction of being able to stack to 100 while most other items only stack to 20?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

When they get nerfed to only stack to 20 like everything else, everyone will remember this post.

I'm just saying...
    Zaray, Metanis, Vumad and 12 others like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To help with inventory management when you get a lot of one collectable while you are looking for a rare one and minimize the number of inventory slots needed.
  4. Bernel Augur

Oops! I hope that's not the case. Shhh! no one tell the devs. :) Everything could stack to 100 and that'd be a-ok with me!

Maybe, but then I would expect lots of items to stack to 100 for that reason. There's lots of things where you get a ton of 20-stackable items along the way in your search for a rare item. It doesn't seem like collectibles would need to have the special consideration to stack to 100 while other things like foragables only stack to 20. But hopefully that is the reason so that they use that criteria to increase all the 20 stacks to 100.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My guild has a couple "collection" houses so its a good benefit that they do stack. Just on my alts I use a but load of em.
  6. Sobmre Augur

can we just get a way to easily organize the 100's we have in bags and houses taking space.

take a look at the game Path of Exile and how they use banking tabs and organize gems and trash items like collections
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This has happened a few times in the past when someone makes a post comparing two different items such as buffs or procs wanting one to get buffed but results in the other being nerfed.

They have stated in the past that there are some items they never plan on increasing the stack size on, if you think something should have a larger stack size it would be better to focus on that instead of comparing it to other items.
  8. Bernel Augur

My comment about increasing stack sizes to 100 was just kidding. I don't expect them to do that. I'm just more wondering if there's some use for collectibles that I'm not aware of that would explain why they stack to 100. I mean, it's not like everyone has 100's of alts who each need a single collectible. I would suspect for most people, a stack of 20 would be more than enough of any one collectible for their own needs.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even if you are only collecting for yourself you still have to deal with getting more then 20 of the common collects while you work on getting the rare collects. Not to mention those who store collections for their guild/friends as a way to make sharing of collectables with those that need them easier.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Personally, I think having random things stack to random amounts is just stupid in today's game. Like various armor molds...some only stack to 5, some only stack to 10. Perhaps at one point in EQ, it made sense from a role-playing perspective to have different stack limits, but in modern EQ it's just an annoyance.

I'm a firm believer that if it stacks, it should stack to 1000...period. Unfortunately, I've seen in EQ when something is a covenience for the players and something else is an annoyance, they'll always choose to bring the convenient item down to the level of the annoyance item instead of the other way around.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Yes I know how great it was when we got new levels and got to zoom through them with the help of collects. For the most part I hate collects and they could go away for all I care. I am sorry I know some of you love it , then again I love TS and see lots of people hating on that so meh.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Being able to designate a bank tab to "Gems" and then dumping gems into any bank spot and they all end up in the place you always meant for them to go. It's wonderful. And they work out posting of items for trade in that method as well.
  13. Zarkdon Augur

What we want for the next expansion is a collectible depot, that you can let people access to get collectibles.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Great, I'll put it right next to my guild tradeskill depot. Oh wait!?!?!

Anyway, why not stack these to 100? Truthfully, I'd rather they have everything stack to 100, instead of 20. That's the change I'd like to see :)

I even swapped all my chars to loaves of bread for food (stacks to 1000). Better than Iron Rations, even though those last a lot longer, because they only stack to 20.
  15. Zarkdon Augur

Everything should stack to at least 1000.
    Yinla, Tatanka and Velisaris_MS like this.
  16. Sobmre Augur

No this is not what we want.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Bernel is off the christmas card list.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im guessing food and drink that dont have the tradeskill flag to them.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Modern EQ, sure, but I don't think TLP and 'live' can have different stack sizes.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Things like that and invisibility or gate potions.
    Andarriel likes this.