AMA Answers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkeychunks, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Monkeychunks Augur

There are so many questions in that thread that already have answers in the game. Yet when we post the answers they remove them, saying its for questions only. I get that.

I think they should leave the answers others post to help the players who don't know and to weed out the redundancy.
  2. fransisco Augur

The rules of the thread specifically state we should not respond to others in there. They do not want it to become a conversation.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and code-zero like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

But apparently they're cool with it becoming just a gigantic wish list for people and not actual questions about the game. Because that's all it's become, the last time I checked...just people asking for stuff.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

its literally an "Ask the devs anything you want" thread...
    jeskola and code-zero like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And we all want lots of stuff!
  6. code-zero Augur

I wonder if the people who write entire manifesto's to set up a question actually care what the answer will be
    jeskola, Xyza, fransisco and 2 others like this.
  7. Cadira Augur

All of the wishlist are just going to be ignored or answers with: there's no plans to work on that at this moment, or: we can't do that.

All of the more general answers will probably get a cute answer but not solve anything that actually needs answered.
    code-zero and Velisaris_MS like this.
  8. Scila Augur

So ... we have the AMA thread, the poll that went out, and a boatload of items in the forum where they could find information. Makes you wonder if they aren't getting the answer they want (yep the game is amazing, we love it, don't change a thing) and not seeing that in the numbers they want for the bean counters.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree with you, they are over 19 pages now and I would hazard a guess after looking thru them that at least 15 pages are duplicate questions and/or can be answered in game already and that other players could answer to help out.

But its on them if they want to try and wade thru all those at the last minute, which is usually what they do or they will go with a "live" stream and say to ask our questions then and only use the forum list to fill in when they don't have any questions in the live chat that they want to answer.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Valcron Elder

AMA means Ask Me Anything

If someone wants to ask why decaying skeletons are too powerful in the commonlands they are allowed to.
    jeskola, Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Because your questions are more important than everyone else's amirite
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's a legitimate question about the game...that's fine.

But that's not what people are using that thread for. They're posting their personal "I want" wishlists and asking "Why don't you give me this?" and "Why don't you give me that?". None of that is useful or helpful...making the thread absolutely pointless.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I am likely far too optimistic but if I were the one organising the AMA, I would note the questions that can be answered in game already and use many of them as a starter for an FAQ webpage for helpful information for the game. The fact those questions are being asked means the information is not being conveyed well to the players. However, I am also a realist. I know they have no one who is making documentation pages for the game. Even the announcement pages for the events and expansion features are very thin with a bare skeleton of information with some of it being entirely incorrect and never updated or linked in a way it can be referenced later.

The reliance on other 3rd party sites to document anything in the game might be more economical, but it's a very very bad way to do things. It's a trend that started years ago, maybe even from the start of the game and an ill-conceived concept that players should "discover" everything on their own and exchange information with other players. That's ok for discovering items in game or even quest lines, but it utterly sucks for in-game commands like /autoskill (as an example) or even that /camp now has a 'fast' parameter. Only putting things like that in release notes means that if someone joins the game even 2-3 months after the addition, that player won't have an easy way to know about it. The tutorials, too, both in the Mines and PoK are also very out of date and haven't been updated and likely never will be. The Mines ones are far more likely to be seen by a new or returning player since the Mines is the default starting place for a new character, but you really have to know the tutorials in PoK exist to know they exist.

But, this is one of my soapboxes, one of my irritations about the game. I didn't post anything related to it in the AMA because I know it is already the absolute lowest of all priorities in the game company.
    Fanra and Fenthen like this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The AMA is mostly worthless because of the flood of "gimme gimme gimme" in it.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.