CPU Affinity -- Clientcore changes to INI

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bobokatt, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

What Metanis said. Affinty/Core is only consumed when the client starts up. After that, you could manually change the affinity from task manager and the game wouldnt care and the ini wouldnt change.

As far as my example goes, no one should be doing that, I was just highlighting the effect of setting the value is on the process affinity that you can verify from task manager.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Still doesn't answer the question
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Nothing happens. The remaining client continues to run on core 12.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Metanis and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Sappas Journeyman

My EQ was running slow and so I checked it. Mine has (cpuaffinity1=1) AND right after that line has (clientCore0=-1).

I changed the cpuaffinity to neg 1 and that did seem to speed things up a lot. Still not perfect but at least I'm not having to take a nap while zoning now. Any idea why I would have both though?
  6. Iven the Lunatic

cpuaffinity got replaced by ClientCore, so it should not have any effect on changing the parameters there. You can delete the lines with cpuaffinity as they are obsolete.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Old eqclient.ini data. I nuked my eqclient.ini away a few months back and let it rebuild, a lot faster now.
  8. Sappas Journeyman

K, thanks. I might try that if it slows down again.
  9. Cairbrae Developer

I highly recommend leaving ClientCore# variables with the default value of -1. Any other value can have detrimental impact on performance:

[Defaults]
    ClientCore0=-1
    ClientCore1=-1

We're tracking this as a bug internally.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Our servers buff pile has lost half its population, I suggest a fix soon.