How Far Can I Get On A Silver Account Solo/Molo?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lonegreywolf20, Feb 11, 2024.

1. lonegreywolf20 Journeyman

Just curious. Wanted to pay for a sub, but gonna wait till the end of the month. I am a more casual player, so I am curious to see how far I can solo/molo on a silver account?

I'd be starting from level 1 on a Beastlord.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Where are you getting this Silver account? Those are no longer obtainable unless you have an old pre 2014 account. Otherwise your account will just be Free to Play which has different caps than a Silver.

And your not really going to hit level 100 in a month being casual. There is really not that much benefit to paying for an account at lower levels so not sure why everyone always says that's the reason new players leave. The only real benefit on lower accounts it general chat and later is the AA.

So I would suggest you wait even longer. Yes, you will be hampered a little by the merc not being Journeyman but you can still level ok.

I can get up to about level 65-70 with a healer merc and then I switch them to paid accounts
    Quatr likes this.
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You can get to 115, but it's just going to take a long time.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. lonegreywolf20 Journeyman

I played EQ off and on since 1999 when it first came out. I think it says newer on here as I think your details from SOE forums transferred over, so I had to rejoin on these forums.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Depends on your experience.
    Are you brand new to EQ?
    Or you a quit at lvl 70 and returning type player?

If you are new

You'll likely get to 55 and then the game will not be fun anymore.

You can keep grinding and then after hitting 80, the game will start feeling very difficult.

People will be suggestion, not just you pay subscription.
    But you also. consider boxing. AKA play by yourself your own group.
  6. lonegreywolf20 Journeyman

I have played off and on since 1999. More off than on since about 2005 or so.

I am really not much of a grouper. I will group/raid on occasion, but I have always mainly been a solo player in any game that I have played. Never boxed and probably never will.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This forum account age has little or no bearing on the game account and visa versa. You start "new" here no matter the age of the game account. The status here is based on when you started posting and how many posts you make.

That being said if your using your old game account to log into the game then it is possible Silver. If it is it would show that right above the list of your characters. Either Paid in Gold or Silver in Silver or Free in Green.
  8. lonegreywolf20 Journeyman

It is most definitely silver.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Cool then you can go farther with 1000 AA cap and access to general chat.

You could also save your money and buy the cheap copy of the expansion which will give you up to level 125! Subscriptions are different than expansions,

Far be it for me to say "don't subscribe" if you want to spend the money. This is a grid of what you get:

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Membership
  10. uberkingkong Augur

Never boxed never will?
    I would start looking for a guild then if you not already in one.

If no guild is happening too.
    UF will be your cap, as in your would not survive UF. If you're very persistent. RoF will be your cap. so lvl 100.

However, considering overseer, you'll make it to the max level, but its still not gonna be pretty.
    If you remember old EQ, if you got to lvl 65, and your gear was still like Kunark gear, expansion 1 gear doing expansion 8 stuff. Thats how you'll feel like.
    At least back then you still had a chance, however today.

Today being 7 expansions behind in gear, a trash would delete you in LS or ToL or ToV. 1 or 2 rounds its over. 3 seconds your done or instant deleted.

Thats the difference between casuals content,
    back in OoW compared to todays casual content, its coco crazy.

However raids back then, tough, 1 guild be the only that beaten it for the week. Today, 25 guilds beat all of T2 in day 1. http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=LS2

So just goes to show
    Raids, hard back then, disgustingly easy today, 25 guilds beat not T1, but T2 all of it, day 1.
    7 expansions behind, expansion 1, Kunark gear at 65,playing in expansion 8, you can survive, you have a chance in casual
    7 expansions behind in gear from ToV/ToL/LS, you will get deleted quickly, mob will eyeball you and you drop. Casual content.
  11. lonegreywolf20 Journeyman

Yep. I'm not someone who will box EQ. I'm not disparaging it.

It would take 2 or more accounts and if I decide to sub or when I sub, I don't want to spend that much money. Two, it's too much. I want one character to play and not a group of characters that I have to try and coordinate, bouncing from window to window. That to me is not fun.
  12. Monkeychunks Augur

Just ignore Uber, he has a problem with the game for some reasons, never have seen a happy or uplifting, encouraging post from about the game from him:D

Instead look to others who have been where you are and are happy. For example this link has some really good ideas about armor and zones to play in and other options to help you as a free account,

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/f2p-armor-question.295298/

Personally I made a free account to go along with my paid account years ago and it works really well just those 2 and their mercs - the mercs pick up the slack and I keep the healer one on my paid account. Not too much flipping windows since the healer merc does it automatically and the tank merc will run in there as soon as I get hit.
  13. strongbus Augur

I understand not wanting to coordinate and such. But one suggestion. could do bard. don't have to coordinate anything. could just have it play songs that buff your bst dps. don't need any damage spells at all. Just have it auto follow the bst and melody on. could do it with a free to play account and that give you a extra merc as well.
  14. Bernel Augur

The thing that will hold you back is that your lower-level merc will start to really fall behind in the 80's or 90's. It'll be tougher to fight even cons. You may have to fight lower cons, but then the exp is pretty slow. Use Overseer to keep the exp flowing. You'll need to get as many buffs as you can from the buff pile. The 120+ level buffs will help you along a lot. Be stingy with your AAs. You can make the 1000 AAs last a while if you're diligent about what you use them on.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Confused by your question.....

You are waiting til.... the end of the month.... to sub. 18 days.

How far did you think you were going to get with your level 1 in.... 18 days?

You will sub way before you hit any limitations from not being subbed :)
  16. lonegreywolf20 Journeyman

It was a bit of useless information I guess.
  17. Captain Video Augur

As a strict molo playing with the Silver AA cap, you can get to somewhere in the 75-85 range before you hit a wall, depending on your class choice and your prior game experience. If you're playing daily at a rate of 3-4 hours per day, and you're ignoring tradeskills, figure on it taking you around two months to get there. If you don't remember quests and have to look a lot of things up online, that will slow you down considerably, so say three months instead of two. As others have noted above, if you play with a no-effort second box, such as a bard that does nothing but sing songs, and you make use of the second merc, that will save you some time in places, and allow you to get 5-15 more levels before that wall hits. Read up on how the AA auto-grant works for subscrbed accounts, if you haven't already. Get that first batch of AAs from the auto-grant, then revert back to free play, and you can get to 100 fairly easily with two mercs. Rinse/repeat on the auto-grant if you are game to go farther.
  18. Owl56 Elder

If you can make it to 85, Overseer can take you to 115.
    I did it on a f2p account, just to prove I could.
    (Wiz just use to xport my two box arround)
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Zarkdon Augur

About level 85 the gap in AAs will make it very difficult, if not impossible, to effectively tank using your warder. You may be able to get up slightly higher than that, but every level it becomes more difficult as the autogrant gap continues to expand. There is a hard cap when the focus AAs start going active. You just cant do the DPS or heal the warder effectively without them.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

This is 100% incorrect information.