Heros are Forged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nanan00, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Nanan00 Journeyman

With the latest patch the named are now summoning, this in and of itself is not the issue, what is the issue is the geometry of the area is cluttered and full of holes that the NPC get stuck in. I have failed this mission a dozen times because the spider or Shalowain summons a character under the ground or into an object where they get stuck. What makes it more annoying is Shalowain has a mechanic that spawns a few song auras that if hit makes you fail an achievement needed to advance the necklace and now when you try to kite her around the area to avoid the song auras she just chain summons the tank back. Summoning was always a weak mechanic to make up for the lazy game design and it should have a cooldown of like 30 seconds at a minimum or a minimum range to cast of say 200 foot away etc.
    Conq, Xeladom, Windance and 3 others like this.
  2. Shea Lorekeeper

When Shalowain goes live you get an emote that calls out 2 characters. If your tank engages her first, your tank will not get called out (as far as I know, I'm not 100% sure on this but from what I've seen it works like this). The 2 characters that are called out are the ones that need to kite the auras for the achievement, not the tank. Once engaged/moved to tank spot (whether that is where she starts or some other location) you don't have to kite Shalowain at all.

The achievement is gained when the 2 characters called out successfully kite their respective auras until the debuff that shows up on their buff window goes away and then run into their aura to make it go away. The first character to run into their aura to make it go away will cause a second round of debuff to show up on the second character, they then have to continue to kite until the second debuff goes away and can then run into their aura to make it go away as well. If Shalowain is not killed quickly you have to repeat this process another time or two.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they are only supposed to be able to summon once every 6 seconds. If she is instantly summoning then thats probably a bug.
    Gialana likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, we had a situation where the tank engaged the mob, but the other toon they were boxing got called and so had to bob and weave on that toon. Somehow, the tank got out of melee range and one of the pets grabbed top agro, causing the tank to be called on the next round. Fun times.

As long as the tank remains top agro, they shouldn't get called.
  5. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Got insanely lucky and got the achievements on a full group just from using bard DA as soon as the Lich dies. All other runs we have also used the group DA but it tells us we failed as the music runes explode on us. Just that one lucky run...
  6. Lubianx Augur

The problem is if the tank is summoned to one of the back corners or even the north side from the lich, tank will be out of line of site to agro Shalowain. Shalowain will then likely agro a caster that is closer and the tank gets called to kite
    Windance and Shea like this.
  7. Slayed New Member

They should remove summon from mobs that warp away, if they don't want to stand and fight us why exploit this mechanic....
    Thunderkiks and Yinla like this.
  8. Moege Augur

Its a near guaranteed wipe if the lich spawns a mummy, now the tank get summoned by the lich, the mummy runs after the tank, repeat that a few times and group starts to fall apart, especially if it is a melee heavy group.
  9. Spacemonkey555 Augur

It's ironic that after years of pet tanks being near worthless in missions by design, there's now a mission that's ridiculously easy for pet heavy groups and hard for non raider melee groups.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It isn't much easier for raider melee groups, when the mob keeps porting away.
  11. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

It's not hard, it may be annoying to chase him but definitely not hard. He warps around in the exact same pattern every time.
    Svann2 and Fenthen like this.
  12. Gr8fuldave Augur

Anyone else having issues with the spider queen warping to a spot after the egg sacks die that no melee can hit? Happens about 50% of the time. She hides behind a pillar on the edge of the platform by the wall and my tank "can not see its target".
  13. Brickhaus Augur

It happens so much, I'm pretty sure it is intended behavior.

I'm not even kidding here.
  14. Gialana Augur

Once I had this or something similar happen. After the egg sac was killed, the spider queen stayed where she was and became unhittable, related to this bug:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...nhittable-in-multiple-locations-in-ls.294663/

Especially when she makes an egg sac on the upper floor of either building, I've had her get hung up in the building. This wasn't too bad of an issue until she got the ability to summon. However, I've now discovered that when she stays on the upper floor, I can out of the upper floor to the southwest and jump off the "cliff." When running her that way, I haven't seen her get hungup on geometry.