Shaman Solo Root Rot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wildtim, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Wildtim New Member

I am just wondering does anyone have a good spell line up for root rotting at level 125. I can solo using tank merc but at times would just like to root rot the mobs -)
  2. Hekaton Augur

use your two poisons (not chaotic it will break roots) 2 diseases and 2 curses. use a non proccing weapon like the shaman spear as it will not break root. use malo to pull and vp to root and slow with languid running.
  3. Gindainy New Member

Combo disease
    Curse
    Obeah/Malediction
    Nectar
    Affliction
    Blood
    Canni

You don't want to use combo poison when root rotting because it can proc nukes that will break the root. Fill the rest of the spells with whichever heals you want, they really shouldn't matter. I usually just do intervention, recourse, group hot (too lazy to target myself for the single target version), splash, and 2x reckless, but I rarely use the heals when root rotting.
  4. Wildtim New Member

Thank you
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How about type 18/19 proc on damaging spell augs, will those break roots?
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

VP / Spray to root off any adds. poison nuke to break roots use doggo to hold them off you while you dot away with all 7 lines + languid. splashes and companion aegis usually enough to keep doggo alive while you dot them down. Add melee + roar into the mix for some extra deeps. also dump the tank merc and use a melee dps instead. save companion's fort and fleeting for named.

it's not fast, but it works.
  7. Gindainy New Member

Yes. I personally have gear that I swap out when I root rot so there aren't any damaging augs. Other people just remove the augs and put them back in later, either way works it just depends on what options you have and your preference. Any non-zero amount of damaging augs is going to ruin it though so you need to have all of them off when you root rot.
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I disagree. there's plenty of time to re-root should a proc break it. VP pushes the mob back, and dots have a good range. even if you're not using doggo to tank, you can send 'em in to taunt while you re-root if it happens too often. TL;DR: there's plenty of time to react.
  9. Gindainy New Member

If you have all your proc augs in, then almost every dot you cast is going to break the root. There is plenty of time to re-root it, but VP has a 30 second cooldown so you are going to outpace that. Also, ideally you are root rotting many mobs at a time and making use of the AoE root.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The other option is to get them snared, and skip the root. Then, you can proc away, not worry about root breaking, and let doggo be another DoT :)
  11. -=Crow=- New Member

Get an old ring of immobilization. Pretty quick clicky root you can use off gcd.
  12. Goratoar Elder

The point of rotting as a shaman is to mass rot. It is not efficient to break roots or to use pets or anything when you are rotting 10+ mobs at a time.

Yes we can tank or have pet tank any mob in this game, but single target is extraordinarily slow, kiting is slow. The only thing that makes shaman special for soloing is that they can lock down dozens of mobs if we want to and just hit buttons over and over till they all die.