Red Dragon Scales - Tower Collection Set

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalamos, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Kalamos Augur

[IMG]

Do all of the scales from this set come from Nagafen's Lair (Sol B)? This is a shot of what I've picked up, with the two blank spots being the two I haven't seen. I've picked up 258 of these without seeing two of them, let alone one. I get RNG and all that but this seems absurd. I hope I'm missing something?
    Hobs likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Are you sure they aren't somewhere else in your inventory? They are all in the zone yea
    Kalamos likes this.
  3. Kalamos Augur

Well don't I feel stupid. Yes, somehow those two ended up in a different bag. I didn't think to look as I had intentionally moved these to a specific bag. No clue how it happened, but it's possible alcohol was involved. Either way sorry for the bother and thanks. I was going nuts.
    Hobs, alanus, Sunawar and 6 others like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have my stat food in my first bag, and if I don't check on it every once in a while a stack will sometimes get eaten completely, leaving an open slot where stuff I loot will fall into instead of my "loot" bag. That's caused a couple of headaches in the past.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rijacki like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

All the time!
    I really wish there were specific Food/Drink slots, like other equipped items, like in EQ2.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Food and drink would be a great improvement. Also, a separate slot for Quest containers.
    KarmaKitty and Rijacki like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This has been asked for quite a few times. Would love to see this.
  8. Herf Augur

Seems like for both collection quests thus far there are 8 unique items.

I try to keep my first bag with 8 free slots so when I drop the looted items onto my inventory they will stack in the first bag. Only problem is in places like Naggy's Lair fine steel, runes and other stuff can fill up that bag and cause them to auto drop into other bags, so you need to manually manage that.

On the plus side, due to this I found several Gnoll Essences in my bag yesterday including a couple of Yips :)
    Hobs and Rijacki like this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Pro tip: Put a collection bag in your first or second slots (tradeskill can be one of them as well) and you'll always know where the collections go to.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

One of the rewards for Master Scavenger of Fear (Rain of Fear) is a 40-slot container that will only hold collection items. Nothing else will go into that bag which makes it real easy to find the collection bits. But if it is not in the 1st slot (or 1st slot without an intentionally filled bag), collection items do not automatically go into that bag.

Automatic sorting into specialty bags would be a super QoL, to have those specific item types go into a specialty bag no matter where it is in your inventory, i.e collection items and tradeskill components. EQ2 has that QoL along with 2 slots specifically for food and drink, though there you get a 'buff' for consuming food/drink not for it just being in a top slot unconsumed. It's almost like they realised what they should have done with the older game when making the new...
    Hobs likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

There is also a 44-slot version as part of the anniversary quests!
  12. Shay Apprentice

I just get sea-sick running through dungeons like Naggy's lair etc. For me the worst place for collections. (and I have yet to find one of those scales)
  13. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

The scales spawn mostly in the kobold section in the northeast of the zone and in the fire giant/nagafen-area. Maybe it's the RNG but I had the feeling, that at least one scale is rarer than the others.
  14. Nightops Augur

What program are you using to run around and pick up collections for you?
    Asking for a friend.
    Sunawar likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

[IMG]

And there are a few players who post map updates that will mark the locations or you can mark them yourself the first couple times and then go right to them. Its not that hard.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Kalamos like this.
  16. Kalamos Augur

Sigh. No wonder I dislike making posts here.

As mentioned above, Spirit of the Lost, a Bard and some free time when I'm supposed to be working is all I'm using. But go ahead and keep jumping to conclusions
    Spacemonkey555 and Fenthen like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I found them spread out over pretty much most of the dungeon.

All sets seem to have one or two items which are rarer than the others. This one, for me, was much more well balanced. I always collect 8 full sets when a new set comes out. For this one, I had 17 of the most common one, by the time I got the last one to 8. I'm usually well over 20 on the most common item by the time I complete the 8th set.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I agree it's not my favorite place for collections, but, if you have the Spirit of the Lost clicky, you can try just opening the map, and not even looking at the 1st/3rd person view while you go to the next collect. Works pretty well for me.

Obviously, if you don't have the clicky, you HAVE to watch the screen, because you're actually looking for collects :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Likewise, I found scales pretty evenly distributed throughout the zone, 59 spots, dense enough marking the map ended up not really helping much, the only dead spaces seemed to be most of Nag's room, Tranix room and the lava river. I also had pretty even distribution of the 8 scales while collecting 10 sets, 13, 13, 15, 12, 18, 11, 10, 10, though 10 sets in a somewhat small sample size compared to OP lol. Hope Kalamos didn't need only 1 set :eek: .
    2024, when scamming your wfh job is considered more honorable than cheating at a video game, assuming you're not self employed lol.;)
    Hobs, Tatanka and Kalamos like this.
  20. Kalamos Augur

Haha well put, although I am indeed self employed. I mostly make my own hours, and work as much as I decide to at any point in time. Sometimes I need a distraction, and EQ fits the bill nicely.

And yes, I have alts that got sets, and I handed out sets to a bunch of friends and their alts. Honestly, I never would have acquired as many as I did if I wasn't pushing for the two I thought I wasn't picking up. As time went on, I pushed harder until I made this thread and was made painfully aware that I was an idiot.
    Hobs, Tatanka, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.