Is there a way to have low-level group buffs land on other people's pets?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Bernel Augur

Is there a way to get group buffs to land on someone's pet if they don't have the appropriate Companion's Suspension AA? For instance, the level 36 Shaman spell Bih'Li is a group spell. I can cast it on a low-level character, but their pet won't get it. If I cast it directly on their pet, their pet won't get it. If I group with the character and cast it, it doesn't land on their pet no matter what I do (cast on self, character or pet while grouped). Is there a trick to getting group spells to land on other people's pets regardless of whether they have the AA to allow them to land on the pet?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As Soul said, no there isn't a way. An ~95% workaround is, most all group buff spells have single target versions. The single target versions WILL land on the pets.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Rijacki and Bernel like this.
  4. Bernel Augur

What about someone casting a group spell on their own pet? Do they have to have the AA to even get a group spell that they cast themselves to land on their own pet?
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Sadly, yes. No group spell will land on the pet without that AA, only the single target versions.
    Bernel and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

Yes. Even if a caster with a pet casts a group buff on their own group, it won't land on their pet unless they've purchased the necessary rank of Companion's Suspension. I think, but am not 100% certain, that group heals do heal group-members' pets, though.
    Bernel and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Bernel Augur

In a lower-level group setting, are classes like Shaman expected to swap in the single target version of a group buff and buff the group's pets? Or do they generally just not worry about it and let the pet go unbuffed?
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Is the amount of time needed to regen mana after buffing everyone and pets outweigh the time you can spend XPing (or whatever)? If the buffs aren't making a significant difference in how fast you can clear stuff, the mana regen time might not be worth it. This is for any class with buffs, not just Shaman. Shaman does have cani which can help reduce the regen time, but it's still not zero.
  9. fransisco Augur

There is an AA that lets group buffs land on your pets. You need to be high enough level to get that AA. I think it came out in gates?
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Expected to? No idea. I'm just pointing out there's a workaround. I'd imagine, if you're hanging out with the lower levels (like PLing, for instance), then yes, you'd take the trouble to single out and buff the pets. In PoK, for random buff beggars? I'd expect the buff beggar to point out that the pet needs the single target buff, because the higher level buffer is unlikely to even notice that the buff didn't land on the pet.