Agnarr? Looking for a fresh start

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by khat, Feb 5, 2024.

1. khat Journeyman

I'm looking for a fresh start. I know a new TLP is coming but I don't want to wait just to be disappointed in its terms. I'm considering Agnarr. Pop era is one of my favorite, but is the server still thriving at all? Decent size guilds to join? I don't want to box either, or have the temptation to box. Frankly, boxing and the game post level 80 in live has just ruined the game for me. But on live its either box or beg for PL if you want to catch up at all.

Appreciate any info.
    Skribbs and Dre. like this.
  2. khat Journeyman

I also would mind some feedback on classes that are doing well and getting groups on this server. Thanks
  3. Shism .

Agnarr is alive and well. 4 raiding guilds clearing PoTime weekly. Make a toon and join a guild though. This will help you a lot. lvl 42 and below is a lil tough for getting groups as most players are 65 now. People MGB low level buffs at the Soulbinder in Pok a lot as well. /join general and ask a few questions, people are very nice on Agnarr
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Xeris Augur

Ya, Agnarr is great. Everyone is very friendly. Low lvl game is going to be tough, but if you're persistent you can almost always eventually find people to play with. However, it's VERY easy to level, you can get gear for cheap, buffs for free, and can pretty easily solo up to 43.

Server has been growing steadily over time, there's guilds. All the guilds are welcoming of new players and will help you level.

Boxing is pretty common on the server, but by no means is it required. Every person I know would drop a box for a real person in an XP group.
  5. Herf Augur

There are also usually people working on alts so you may find a handful of people in some of the popular leveling zones (Kurns, Paludal, etc.) You can get 20 in 1 day with a dmg shield and Temperance buff from people at the PoK soulbinder.

During XP bonus periods you will also likely see more people forming groups.

As for classes, play whatever you want. Guilds don't discriminate based on class. Play something you'll enjoy.
  6. Marden_JM New Member

I love Agnarr, and I typically resub at least once a year to revisit it.

I have to be honest: in my most recent time there (the last month or so), Agnarr has been the worst I've ever seen it. There are incredibly nice people there - that's never changed - but the server appears to be in a bad spot from the outside looking in.

Finding a group is near impossible, and the idea that getting 43 is the magic bullet to leveling is somewhat mistaken. I watched plenty of people in the "big four" guilds ask for groups for 20-30 minutes or so, then just vanish from /who when they got no responses. Walking into the bazaar, it was common to see just 40-50 traders up.

I hate seeing the server like that, but I couldn't justify spending more time there. I went over to FV just to turn my brain off and explore Norrath.
  7. Tachyon Augur

look up the guild adventure time on agnarr
  8. Xeris Augur

Yea if you're just sitting in pok saying "LFG" for 30 mins, you're probably not gonna get much =p.
  9. Tachyon Augur

grouped on agnarr yesterday, formed a pos group
  10. Xeris Augur

whattttt, but I thought nobody groups on Agnarr O_O
  11. Marden_JM New Member

I agree, and I think that's a problem. If you don't, I don't know what to say.
  12. Xeris Augur

It's all about context. Agnarr has been around for 7 years. If you're expecting more I'm not sure what to say.
  13. Ythera Augur

I hope PoS stands for Plane of Storms.
    Tachyon and Vetis like this.
  14. khat Journeyman

So no groups early on, so boxing is a must just like a live server, at least to get started anyways. Are you allowed to box 2 characters on the same computer on Agnarr?
    Vetis likes this.
  15. Shism .

Agnarr is truebox. Meaning 1 toon per pc. Also boxing isn't a must but helps when lfg. What i mean is you're more likely to get a grp going by starting in a zone with your 2 toons and letting people know in general chat. Example, "Paw group looking for more. PST" vs " lvl whatever lfg"
  16. Marden_JM New Member

I completely understand what you mean, and by the way please don't take what I am saying as trying to badmouth the server. Its all just based off my own recent experience. That being said, just a year ago the PUG scene was night and day from what it is today. Groups in Velks, groups in the hobgoblin caves in Nightmare, groups in Storms.

I'm not sure what the heck happened in a year's time, but it's frustrating and disappointing. I mean it when I said I love the server. I really do.
  17. itiswhatitis Elder

They could always have a re-occurring TLP that merges with Agnarr a month after it hits POP
    Dre. and Vetis like this.
  18. Vetis Augur

Yeah? I logged in and made an observation about the server being true box in general chat and immediately got. "We get it you, you don't like the server. Bye."

So, that was fun.
  19. Xeris Augur

Could just be your experience. I'm not gonna sit here and say every person would have a positive experience. But Agnarr's population is higher today than it was 1 year ago, undeniably.
    Herf likes this.
  20. Herf Augur

It might have depended on how you said it or why you said it. It IS True Box so I don't see why that would cause a problem.
    Vetis likes this.